This job might no longer be available.
Director of Fraud Management
USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
7 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Fraud Management and Security Teams are the guardians of customer trust & safety for PlayStation® and PlayStation Network®.
We provide innovative solutions to support every product and service supporting the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, world-class PlayStation® consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation® TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation® Vue, PlayStation® Music, PlayStation® Video and PlayStation® Now.
The Fraud team enables consumers to safely login, play, and pay for their digital content and services by improving security while minimizing friction within the entire PlayStation® ecosystem.
You will be responsible for actively guiding all fraud operations and strategy while working collaboratively with diverse internal teams to identify new opportunities for innovation.
You will lead a team covering the key areas of fraud and risk optimization, business strategy, fraud monitoring & operations (including chargeback management), and partner management. You will collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams to drive customer engagement and realize efficiency gains across operational trust and safety functions.
As the lead ambassador internally for Fraud Management, you are responsible for communicating the Business’ strategy and requirements to all business partners responsible or impacted by implementing fraud management solutions.
Specifically, you will need to be a role model and influence product and engineering leadership and present business and technical trade-offs, recommendations, and prioritization. This will require extensive hands-on expertise coupled with ingenuity, ecommerce platform experience, associated fraud/risk technology product knowledge, industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Finally, we are looking for individuals that are passionate about our brand and what they do, have a very high sense of integrity and excel in building strong relationships by deeply caring about others, including our customers.
- Leading the fraud management business strategy for the PlayStation® ecosystem
- Guiding internal business partners prioritization and success by collaborating with Product Management and Engineering
- Maximizing Acceptance whilst minimizing customer friction with a focus on growth
- Developing and maintain effective partner relationships to minimize risk while improving opportunity and revenue.
- Driving efficiencies in internal and external cost structures for cost savings to increase profit margins
- Developing the team managing emerging business partners, ensuring all agreements and products are commercially/financially viable.
- Coordinating the team focused on fraud operations
- Driving the bad debt optimization strategy
- Continually staying appraised of any changing regulatory activities that impact fraud strategy
- Shepherding adherence to local regulation and legislations
- As the role is global regular international travel will be required
- You will also need the ability to work varying hours as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations.
- 15 years+ experience of directing or leading fraud & risk activities in a digital eCommerce environment whilst delivering significant results
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and master’s degree preferred
- Recognized fraud management industry leader with global understanding of standard methodologies and track record of innovation
- Network of senior level industry relationships
- Prior experience with fraud system optimization
- Experience and consistent record of navigating the regulatory landscape
- Confidently lead people of diverse cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate successfully across complex, geographically and commercially diverse operations
- Ability to provide high impact and quality proposals and presentations and confidently hold meeting with senior team members
- Ability to successfully build relationships with external and internal partners
- Ability to improve team performance – accountable for building collaborative working environments for team to operate effectively, providing mentoring and leadership and sharing knowledge
- Self-starter who is solution focused and able to work under their own initiative.
- Experience of working under pressure, in an ever-changing and challenging environment.
- Experience in the video games industry.
- Language skills, particularly Japanese
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.