Director of Finance
19 days ago
Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, named Fast Company’s Best App in October 2020 and covered in the New York Times , Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive, experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you, and available on demand, in your home.
The impact you'll make:
The Director of Finance will play a key role in building, managing, and scaling the finance and accounting team for one of the world’s leading fitness and wellness companies. This is a hands-on position that will help shape and direct the next phase of growth for the finance department. This role will think holistically about all major accounting, forecasting, and financial reporting processes. Reporting to the EVP of Business Development and Finance, this role will be an integral leader as the department scales, including managing external vendor relationships that will eventually be brought in-house (e.g. payroll, AP, tax). The ideal candidate will have experience interacting cross-functionally including executive leadership, driving actionable insights for the business, and streamlining processes.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the accounting team on key processes such as monthly end close and audit readiness
- Oversee other accounting functions such as payables, payroll, tax preparation, and financial statement compilation and reporting
- Lead recurring budgeting and planning processes and ensure proper reporting and variance analysis
- Generate and automate financial reporting, including monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and improve internal controls, accounting policies, and chart of account infrastructure to efficiently support business scale and activities
- Assist with accounting questions and issues by researching technical accounting resources and managing accounting documents with new significant transactions & practice changes
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance across various jurisdictions
- Comply with taxing authorities including payroll taxes, sales and use tax, income tax and property tax.
- Establish strong relationships cross-functionally and be the accounting and finance expert for the company
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management required; CPA or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience partnering with senior executives as a strategic partner on their financial planning and forecasting
- Strong knowledge accounting reporting requirements, and regulations with in-depth knowledge of general ledger, month-end close processes, and accounting controls
- Proven experience to streamline accounting and finance processes across procure to pay, revenue recognition, general ledger close, and financial reporting
- Excellent financial modeling, quantitative and data analysis
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, clear and precise in communication
- Ability to manage competing priorities and adhere to tight deadlines with a successful track record of executing growth strategies for start-up and/or hyper-growth consumer products/services
- Be high-energy and be able to infuse and bring out intensity, positivity, passion, creativity, enthusiasm, and focus in teams
- Be scrappy, hands-on and nimble
- Experience working with NetSuite, Expensify, Bill.com and Adaptive is a major plus