Director of Finance Business Partners (Casual Division)
20 days ago
Scopely is seeking a Director of Finance Business Partners (FBP) to lead the finance function for the Casual Games Division.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and partnering closely with the Casual Games Division President, the Finance Director leads the Casual Games Finance Team and provides insights, analysis, forecasts, and strategic recommendations to optimize the financial performance of the Casual Game Division’s product portfolio.
What You Will Do
This is a highly visible role that will interact with business leaders across the division, with other finance, accounting, and tax professionals, with various members of Scopely’s senior leadership team, and directly with Scopely’s CFO.
- Act as the CFO for the Casual Games division and serve as part of the Casual Games division leadership team.
- Lead a small scrappy team of finance professionals.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to help optimize how we run the business.
- Manage the budget and forecast process and conduct variance analysis.
- Provide support and analysis for various types of deals.
- Identify and implement various revenue driving and cost reduction initiatives.
What We’re Looking For
- An undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, engineering or another technical field
- Masters in business administration preferred
- 10 or more years-experience in high judgment finance roles
- A track record of progressively increasing management responsibilities including building and growing a team and developing leaders from within the organization
- Attention to detail
- A high level of integrity and self-awareness
- Manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to effectively multi-task and problem solve with minimal oversight
- Exceptional analytical abilities and strong MS Excel abilities
- Start-up, investment banking or strategic consulting experience is a plus
- Prior people/team management experience is a plus
- Experience working in the games industry or interest in games preferred
- Experience with Workday/Adaptive Insights or other financial planning software is preferred
- Experience working with senior executives in a fast-paced, agile environment. The ideal candidate will approach the job with a sense of urgency, enjoy taking the initiative, thrive at juggling multiple priorities, and seamlessly shift gears as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with all personality types at all levels, able to navigate difficult conversations or situations
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.