Director of Engineering
11 days ago
A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia's fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world's first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
Currently, Immutable’s product is in high demand from some of the largest companies in the world. We are scaling our engineering team to help us deliver a world-class product to these customers. As part of that effort, we are seeking a Director of Engineering with a proven track record of building high performing and engaged engineering teams which deliver fantastic products for our users.
As a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a team of Engineering Managers as they build teams for Immutable X. You will lead and mentor a team from diverse backgrounds and help them to become better leaders. We are looking for someone who can foster a culture of ownership and positivity whilst ensuring meaningful opportunities for growth are encouraged within our engineering teams.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Hire and manage a team of engaged engineering managers
- Build, develop and manage a high-performance engineering culture
- Work with product leadership to define the best possible engineering process for shipping the products Immutable needs
- Play a critical role in change across culture in coaching and sharing your experiences to build the complete end to end delivery process
- Review the high-level architecture decisions made by our teams, and ensure they are aligned with the company’s strategy
- Participate in engineering leadership meetings to set our engineering and product focus that aligns with the company’s overall strategy
- Partner with the Principal Engineer, Group Product Manager and Lead Designer in your group
We would love you to have:
- Previous experience as an engineering leader for engineering managers in the product/SaaS space
- Proven success coaching and developing Engineering Managers
- Proven success in building, developing and managing a high-performance engineering culture in a product/SaaS business
- Experience in developing the skills and careers of software engineers
- Experience in hiring and evaluating the performance of software engineers
- Experience building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
A bit about the team:
This role will be part of the Immutable X Platform team where you will help build out our Immutable X Platform. As engineers at Immutable, we aspire to create an engineering culture that is world-class in every respect. A culture that means Immutable is known as a place where the best people do amazing work and one that consistently and sustainably delivers business outcomes. While working at Immutable you will have the opportunity to work in one of our many squads - Primitives, Protocols/Tokens, Mainstream, Crypto Developers, Marketplace, Wallets, and Core Engineering.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we have a REMOTE first approach, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁Get premium access to Aura, Calm, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.