Director of Engineering
9 days ago
is a mobile games publisher that works with mobile developers to get their games discovered by players around the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lion Studios’ creative and strategy teams utilize their expertise to help game developers break through the noise and grow their businesses. Since launching in 2018, Lion Studios has driven 90% of its games to the Top 10 in the App Store and Google Play and helped drive 16 games to #1 in the US App Store’s Top Free chart. Many of the studio’s games hit the top 10 and the top 20 across both the App Store and Google Play. Collectively, the studio has driven hundreds of millions of downloads. Check out some of our hit releases: Mr. Bullet, Happy Glass, Save the Girl, and Slap Kings.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
We are looking for a results oriented, hands on, proven technical leader for our engineering teams within Lion Studios. In this role, you will be wearing many hats where you will be architecting innovative technology and tools to drive our publishing business forward, working with big data to extract meaningful insights for our teams, building games and content in the hyper casual and casual space, and building a world class team of engineering talent in the process. If you are a driven, results focused engineering leader looking for a hands on high growth, fun, and collaborative environment - we’d love to talk to you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build, grow, and lead the engineering teams creating game publishing technology, tools,
- and games within Lion
- Develop and run our infrastructure that supports our publishing technologies, tools, and
- Interface with multiple teams within Lion such as products, games, marketing, and
- business teams to be an effective technology partner to these divisions
- Define and drive the technology roadmap of the company for the near and long term
- Provide a key voice in business, technical and strategic discussions + decisions within
- Lion Engineering and the Lion leadership team.
- Be a source of technical knowledge, architecture, and inspiration for the team on all
- fronts, including game development in Unity
WHAT YOU MAY LOOK LIKE:
- 10+ years of Engineering Leadership experience
- Have managed engineering teams of 15+
- Proven track record of building, growing, and leading high performing engineering teams
- Proven track record of shipping mobile games at scale
- Passionate about developer tools and technologies.
- Thrive on autonomy and responsibility.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Computer Science or related field.
- Expertise in Unity game development
- Experience developing large-scale backend systems for mobile social games
- Experience with a variety of backend & database technologies, cloud hosting,
- infrastructure and development on AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Expertise in Software Design Patterns, Knowledge of Algorithms
- Strong understanding and experience with database programming (MongoDB, Postgres,
- MySQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with data warehousing using Snowflake, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with REST APIs, Ajax patterns, modern HTML/CSS
- Hyper casual game development experience
- Familiarity with the mobile gaming landscape
- Understanding/experience of the mobile ad business ecosystem
- Game and/or product design expertise
- Familiarity with machine learning
- Previous startup experience
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.