Director of Engineering, Web
17 days ago
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you.
Arkadium is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering to oversee and drive the strategy for our web-based tech. This includes our front-end facing websites as well as our backend tech. This person will play a key role in building Arkadium’s engineering culture while ensuring the success of our existing products and future product pipeline. We require an excellent communicator and manager of tech talent that will lead and nurture local and remote development teams. This is an exciting role for someone who loves working with empowered teams, rapid testing environments, and creating engaging experiences for end-users.
This position is based in New York, but will remain remote until Fall 2021. If you do not live in the New York Metropolitan Area, you must be in the EST time zone and will be required to travel to NY at least once per quarter.
- Provide technical and thought leadership as our web industry subject matter expert
- Partner with key stakeholders from various departments to identify business opportunities and set a long-term technical vision
- Help teams to architect, design and execute high-quality engineering solutions for all our web-based products
- Organization of software development life cycle, from code to release
- Convert business opportunities into technical solutions
- Encourage and lead your team to deliver high-quality products
- Hire, lead and guide the career growth of A-players on engineering teams
- Work with the QA team and ensure that engineering and QA are synchronized in their efforts to deliver the best possible software
- Strategically partner with Project Managers to effectively deliver high-impact products and features
- Automate testing through the CI/CD pipeline
- Oversee teams of Web engineers as well as QA engineers
- Minimum 5 years of experience building scalable, consumer-facing mobile or web products
- Proven track record of managing top tech talent and high performing teams
- Strong foundational knowledge of software engineering and familiarity with various technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJs, or similar web technologies
- Experience with functional languages will be a plus
- Practical experience in delivering software, leveraging cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with cloud-based microservices
- Strong portfolio of finished projects
- Strong understanding of web analytics
- Proficiency in agile methodologies
- Experience overseeing and working with QA engineers
- Working knowledge of data protection laws and practices (CCPA and GDPR)
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- Health insurance with subsidized medical, dental & vision plans starting on Day 1
- A unique culture of open, true teamwork and fun
- Summer Fridays: finish at 3pm every Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day for fun in the sun
WE'VE BEEN RECOGNIZED!
- Business Intelligence Best Workplace – 2020, 2021
- Great Place to Work Certified – 2019, 2020
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplace – 2016, 2017, 2019
- Forbes Small Giants – 2019