Director of Engineering, Unity Identity
2 days ago
Unity powers over half of all games and over two thirds of all VR and AR products. We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we do that by putting the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to drive the strategy, design & delivery of the next-generation of Unity Identity. In this role, you must possess executive leadership in combination with a deep technical understanding of Identity & Access Management (IAM) technologies, cloud architecture, and integration design. Your strategy will affect multiple sophisticated, mission-critical, & high-profile initiatives simultaneously across Unity.
- You will establish the strategy for Unity's identity system
- You will build the organization from the ground up
- You will deliver a scalable & resilient platform based on modern architecture patterns & practices
- You will influence Unity-wide strategy around identity, licensing & entitlements
What you’ll be doing
- Build a secure and reliable identity platform that enables unified end-to-end management of Unity products, services & 3rd parties
- Establish compliance and quality standards for security, legal & privacy requirements
- Build & manage an organization of small autonomous software teams instilling excellent development practices and great execution with timely delivery of commitments
- Working collaboratively across teams, define the system architecture and help create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Collaborate with the broader Unity technology leadership community to guide strategies and standards, ensure solution reuse, and eliminate duplication
What we’re looking for
- Managing and growing teams larger than 20 engineers
- Understanding of enterprise scale identity platforms or solutions
- Experience with microservice & API based architectures
- Expertise in modern development & production methodologies, including CI/CD
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
Bonus points if
- You are collaborative, but decisive
- You are a leader and a great teammate
- You are comfortable and effective working with globally distributed teams
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.