Director of Digital Distribution
Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom
15 days ago
DIGITAL BUSINESS TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE COO OF SEGA EUROPE
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
The Director of Digital Distribution provides strategic direction to the all the Sega of Europe (SOE) studios in building their user communities on a worldwide basis, and ensures the continued profitable growth and development of each of the SOE Pillars/studios across multiple digital channels in response to the ever changing demands of the market and consumer trends.
Focus will be given to developing the business with each of SOE’s key strategic digital partners, and building a close and productive relationship with each of the SOE Pillars/studios, along with other Sega Pillars and studios as required. The role has responsibility for developing these digital platforms on a worldwide basis.
This role reports to the SOE COO and will have responsibility for a team of 13 staff.
- Work closely with each of the SOE Pillars and studios and the SOE Business Development team, you will look to develop and grow the digital distribution business across SOE
- Deliver financial targets identified in the annual SOE Business Plan, demonstrating creativity and drive to deliver new release and catalogue promotion initiatives, whilst working closely with the Pillars to achieve both SOE and Pillar profitability targets
- Work closely with the Pillars/studios in developing the “Games As A Service” strategy in building ever closer relationships with each user community and delivery of user KPIs with each of the digital platform partners.
- Embody the SEGA culture and strategy of a studio and consumer-driven business
- Work collaboratively with all of our internal pillar studios to ensure full understanding of requirements; aligning initiatives and delivering joint objectives
- Have strong involvement in the partnership between SEGA and Steam/Valve and other key strategic digital partners to build a strong and valuable long-term relationships
- Support the development of console digital business with first party platform holders, ensuring that new release and back catalogue titles are fully optimised
- Maintain and build strong relationships with digital partners globally, ensuring that SEGA are at the forefront of new opportunities
- Develop strong internal relationships with the Business Development, Marketing and Sales teams to ensure collaborative strategies and awareness across the business, fully optimising the release of all titles
- Advise internal partners on developments effecting the digital distribution business and market landscape
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable track record of launching digital content and managing digital user acquisition activity with an understanding of the broader digital distribution business
- An understanding of building strong relationships with user communities through a software as a service approach to delivering revenue
- A strong sales or business development background within the games industry or other similar content and user driven consumer markets
- Experience of working with or alongside development studios or a similar creative content driven environment
- Experience in working with digital content with Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo or similar large scale digital platform owners
- A track record of working with different internal and external partners
- A broad view of business strategy and a team-based and collaborative approach to achieving goals
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!