Director of Customer Success Engineering - IVS
1 month ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
As the Head of Customer Success Engineering for Amazon IVS, you will report to the Twitch Video/IVS business. You will oversee the customer success strategy and execution to guide lighthouse customers of IVS among startups and developers building live video streaming experiences. You will think both strategically and tactically: from the creation of customer lifecycle processes and technical integration assistance to the brass tacks of event support and technical education programs. This includes mapping the customer journey from experimentation to trial, activation, launch and post sales support.
You will work with IVS (Executives, Support, Strategy, Product and Engineering), and central AWS Sales to implement the lighthouse customer success plan, engaging external resources to determine what our customers need. Your role is highly visible and global, affecting IVS awareness and adoption globally, with the opportunity to define and execute regional technical playbooks. You will play an instrumental role at a unique point in time -- driving the growth of a new and fast-growing enterprise cloud service, while using strong existing parent brands of Twitch and AWS.
- Define and execute customer success strategy, prioritize changes to improve customer success
- Build and retain a high-quality distributed, engineering team dedicated to overseeing the end-to-end customer lifecycle (pre-sales, on-boarding , integration, launch and support)
- Manage all technical problems our customers encounter across the organization including mobile, web and backend
- Represent the voice of the customer to senior leadership and across the organization
- Establish a vision for customer education and guide that vision across partner groups (Support, SA and TAMs)
- Partner with external vendors of software and hardware to ensure support for IVS
- Delight IVS's lighthouse customers with pre and post sales architectural, integration and event support
- Work in collaboration with Exec, Support, Product, Business Development, Sales, and Engineering, to meet growth targets.
- Proven management and interaction (synchronous and asynchronous) skills
- Proven interactive skills and experience managing ambiguous problems
- 8+ years of hands-on experience making customers successful with highly technical media workloads
- 4+ years experience managing engineering and other technical teams.
- Familiarity with mobile development and live video
- Knowledge of live video streaming technologies and cloud services
- Insight and passion for customers in the media business
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Experience doing business in APAC
- Experience speaking Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Spanish or German
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.