Director of Creative Product Marketing (Remote)
9 days ago
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Our Director of Creative Product Marketing role presents the rare opportunity to lead and develop PlayQ’s creative marketing strategy across our top grossing mobile titles.
This is a high-impact role where you’ll own various aspects of user growth such as creative testing methodology, organic install performance, app store conversion & optimization and high-level brand messaging approach.
You’d be an ideal candidate for this role if you understand how to effectively translate business objectives into clear creative opportunities, as well as lead organic growth through data-defined opportunities. As a deeply analytical and creative marketer, you'll also have demonstrated experience balancing high-level thinking with tactical execution within the mobile user acquisition landscape.
If you're excited by the opportunity to leverage your marketing expertise to continue to scale our new and existing mobile titles, we'd love to hear from you!
- Own the strategy for all aspects of marketing, including creative roadmap, all advertising formats, creative testing and analysis, brand messaging, app store presence, and organic growth
- Partner with User Acquisition team to execute and improve upon creative testing methodology, including identifying components, messages, and iterations for testing as well as understanding and incorporating nuances of various channels and ad networks
- Collaborate cross-functionally with creative, design, analytics, and senior leadership to rapidly execute and iterate upon the creative roadmap and strategy in order to build up creative stockpile of “wins”
- Head research on market, benchmarks, and competitive landscape to provide insights on player motivations that drive creative messaging, formats, targeting, and strategy that align creative portfolio goals to societal, user, and industry trends for new and existing titles
- Review work and troubleshoot alongside creative teams based on achieving ad messaging and performance goals
- Work with Head of Creative Services to implement process improvements and create central knowledge hub for creative ideation, production tracking, testing prioritization, and results sharing
- Leverage analytics tools and marketing data to maximize efficiency of creative by reducing user acquisition costs and increasing ROAS
- Build and cultivate a team of talented individuals that will shape the future of the company’s marketing and creative success
- Measure performance of organic installs and further develop social media and earned marketing opportunities for relevant titles
- Execute paid and non-paid strategy for ASO and creative testing on app store landing pages to increase app store conversion rate and installs
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, digital media, creative testing, mobile user acquisition
- Experience working cross-functionally to plan & execute creative advertising tests
- Possess a deeply analytical mindset and experimental approach to growth marketing
- Experience with various mobile ad networks, deep knowledge of network dynamics, algorithms, mechanics, and creative best practices
- Highly adaptable, organized, and process-driven individual with the ability to manage shifting priorities in fast-paced environment
- Passion and curiosity for discovering the “why” behind the data and relentless pursuit of answers
- Experience managing and growing an effective team
- Expertise with Tableau, Looker, or similar analytics/visualization software
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with ASO tools and execution (include A/B testing and keyword optimization) for multiple store fronts (iOS & Google Play)
- Remote Work Environment - This position offers the flexibility to work remotely. You’ll closely collaborate with our HQ team based in Santa Monica, CA and our global teammates across the world. Our flexible approach, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.