Director of Consumer Insights
8 days ago
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a Director of Consumer Insights to help shape a world-class consumer research and insights function within the Marketing team at Mythical. In this role, you will work with marketing peers, partnership teams, product development, and operations teams to illuminate meaningful insights and provide a deep understanding of consumers globally. Your work will have a direct impact on how Mythical positions its offerings and influence the experiences.
- Build a world class research and insights team – being on the front lines of developing new gaming research and insights approaches and innovative solutions.
- Think strategically, articulate and guide others in uncovering Consumer Insights, and translate them into actionable outcomes for internal and external clients.
- Is curious about gamers and gaming fans – what they think, feel and believe, what motivates them and drives their passion!
- Develop, manage, and lead a team, but also roll up your sleeves and dive into the work
- Conduct in-house qualitative and quantitative projects, analyses & reporting
- Expertly manage relationships with research agencies globally, and help audit these relationships to ensure that we are using the best possible partners
- Function as an insights subject-matter expert on the consumer/customer for all Mythical products and services
- Stay on top of the most innovative approaches to research and insights; and understand when to use them and when not.
- Be an analytical story-teller who can bring data to life and build logical arguments through compelling narratives.
- Use research as a front-end for consumer strategy to go beyond basic findings and develop ‘metrics and insights that matter’
- Craft stories from data and insights that present learnings in a visual format with a compelling message
- Work in close partnership with our sister teams within marketing to realize project goals
- 7-10 years of overall insights and research work agency and/or client-side with a true balance of qual and quant hands-on expertise
- 5+ years of experience in Gaming Insights. Experience in other industries including tech and entertainment desired/helpful.
- Proven experience using insights to inform brand strategy and positioning
- Strong Excel or similar tool proficiency with a focus on quantitative and qualitative research datasets
- Deep knowledge and expertise writing screeners, surveys and discussion guides
- Strong experience managing and leading global research/insights initiatives including partner agency engagement from project start to finish
- Stellar presentation skills, with comfort telling our story to anyone from junior to C-Suite levels
- A track record of partnership and collaboration, providing strategic guidance to stakeholders
- Graduate degree in marketing, business or the Social Sciences
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a matrixed organization
- Experience with social listening tools and social platform analytics
- Experience with customer loyalty panels
- 2-3 yrs. hands-on experience with survey tools
- Experience with UX research
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.