Director, UX Design
29 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It is where thousands of communities come together for whatever, every day.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, and discover the projects we’re solving on our Blog. Be sure to explore our Interviewing Guide and Instagram channel to learn how to ace our interview process.
About the Role
Twitch’s community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. Reporting into the VP, UX Design, as the User Experience Director for Watch, you will be responsible for the care and development of a first-rate team of designers. You will collaborate with partners to develop a customer experience vision that aligns the business goals of the Watch, Ads and Sponsorship organizations with the problems, desires, and needs of our Streamer and Viewer customers.
We are looking for a design leader that is practiced at tackling hard problems, an advocate for creativity, creative education and mentorship; people-first leadership; and who can relentlessly hold onto and center customers in all of their team's work. User Experience Directors at Twitch are crucial contributors to their partner teams’ product strategy, a non-stop advocate for their teams, customers and the inclusivity of our product. You will have the opportunity to do hands-on research and collaborate closely with engineers and machine learning experts. If you are an advocate for inclusive design, passionate about coaching designers and driving positive outcomes for creators, you will find many rewarding challenges in this role.
The Design team at Twitch ensures that streamers can sustain their communities and continue doing what they love. Our Community Discovery products help viewers to find and experience a multiplayer live stream experience with communities they enjoy. Our Advertising products are on the cutting edge of presenting brands to consumers and are an important source of income for streamers. As part of this team you will define the future of the customer experience for key pillars of the Twitch strategy.
You can be located in one of our offices in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; or New York, NY. You can also be fully remote within the USA.
- Develop a team of dedicated and experienced User Experience Designers
- Ally with the research team to uncover the intricacies of the customer experience for your products
- Develop a clear, objective design vision for the Community Discovery and Advertising products in concert with product and engineering partners
- Educate the User Experience Design organization on your customers experiences, needs, and problems
- Advocate for resources, organizational change, and anything else that might prevent Twitch from meeting our customers expectations
- Contribute to or instigate development of cross-team projects that impact critical portions of the customer experience.
- Define and champion customer research for your team to improve customer understanding and problem definition
- Build collaborative structures with adjacent design teams to impact the whole product experience
- Participate in quarterly and annual planning with partner teams to ensure capacity for all projects
- Educate your team and partner functions about the ways our decisions can exclude specific customers, particularly those from underrepresented backgrounds including people with disabilities
- Set up structures to Include diverse voices from within and outside the organization in design research
- Contribute to a safe work environment for a diverse group of designers
- 5+ years working in user experience design including consumer products
- 2+ years managing user experience designers
- Advocated for customer perspectives with executives and other senior leadership
- Experience as a second-level manager of designers
- Advocated for design and user experience at the highest levels of a mid-size or larger consumer business
- Developed a design vision or executed complex design solutions for a multi-sided marketplace
- Ability to understand and write front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Expertise with Figma and Principle
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW8093
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from our lowest geographic market up to our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/#learn-more. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Remote US Pay Per Year
$114,300 — $268,400 USD