Director - Trust and Safety Content Policy
12 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Trust & Safety is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build safe and inclusive communities that enable diverse, global creators to flourish.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Content Policy you will work closely with external stakeholders, product managers, engineers, researchers, and cross-functional partners across the company to incorporate policy and privacy considerations into the products and services we're developing at Twitch. You will tackle difficult content moderation questions, balancing the safety and expression needs of our community, our role in the larger social and gaming space, and business and operational challenges. You'll do fast-paced research, writing, and partner coordination, with some irregular work hours to handle safety-related escalations on our service, including weekends.
You are expected to seek out and clearly communicate relevant data to support complex business decisions, and drive the right recommendations in a compelling and effective way. You will create plans that have objective, measurable success criteria and clearly communicate progress and outcomes and anticipate the gaps between teams, processes, and system architectures to help their organization produce the best possible results for our community.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Research, build and communicate global policies that impact broad-reaching issues of safety and expression
- Coordinate team processes, and multiple large projects
- Engage externally with experts and members of the Twitch community on matters of safety and guidelines
- Contribute to investigations of high-profile and gray area policy issues
- 5+ years of technology industry expertise in either policy, policy communications, operations, or legal
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. As part of your application, you will complete a written policy proposal exercise.
- Experience working with user generated content and licensed content services and the surrounding policy environments
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving in demanding environments
- Experience working with global teams and communicating with stakeholders cross-functionally.
- Strong familiarity with Twitch, our creators, and our community
- Experience writing scaled online content moderation policies
- Experience with the content moderation and trust and safety landscape, particularly with regards to live streaming content.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW7065
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.