Director, Third Party Compliance & Internal Investigations
9 days ago
Job Title:Director, Third Party Compliance & Internal Investigations
Job Title: Director, Third Party Compliance & Internal Investigations
Reporting To: Vice President, Compliance and Chief Risk Officer
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Director, Third Party Compliance & Internal Investigations will be responsible for (1) the risk assessment, design and management of our third party risk compliance program and (2) conducting internal investigations globally, ensuring that ethics and compliance concerns raised by employees, business partners and other third-parties anywhere in the world are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately redressed. The Director, Third Party Compliance & Internal Investigations will report to the Vice President, Compliance & Chief Risk Officer.
This position will be responsible for benchmarking the third party risk compliance program, conducting a risk assessment process, and building out and managing the third party risk program – including risk analysis and automated screening of new and existing partners, trade control compliance, due diligence protocols and process, as well as maintaining relevant policies and related employee training (e.g., anti-corruption, vendor code, trade controls).
This position will also be responsible for conducting, overseeing and reporting the results of internal compliance investigations throughout the business. This will include reporting to the Company’s management team and advising on appropriate remedial action to be taken, if any, as a result of the outcome of an investigation. In addition, this position will be responsible for analyzing investigation trends and advising the Company on emerging risks, as well as supporting the broader ethics and compliance training program.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead the overall third party compliance program, including on going risk assessment, partnering with cross functional teams, and building and managing the daily operation of third party compliance program – including managing our compliance vendor with automated screening and due diligence processes.
- Manage a broad range of compliance investigations (including conflicts of interest, anti-corruption and employment related matters) end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, drafting reports and conducing debrief meetings.
- Remain respectful and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation.
- Help to develop long-term solutions for systemic issues.
- Work with the broader Compliance team and partner organizations to develop and deliver compliance and other education programs designed to proactively address compliance issues.
- Partner with Human Resources, Employee Relations and other functions across the Company to ensure timely completion of investigations.
- Analyzing ethics and compliance complaints to determine trends and areas of compliance risk.
- Where appropriate, lead our external engagement with law enforcement authorities and regulators relating to investigations and compliance matters.
Year One Success
- Build knowledge of our Company and its business, industry, culture, and key stakeholders;
- Develop in-depth understanding of our policies, tools and processes;
- Demonstrate an ability to independently operate within the compliance sphere, in both investigations and the third-party compliance program;
- Lay the foundation for the strategy and future direction of our third-party compliance program;
- Build relationships and trust across the business through exercising good judgment and strong influencing skills.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in third party risk assessment and compliance program building, including anti-corruption and trade controls compliance.
- Experience and knowledge of the various regulatory schemes relevant to maintain a robust third party compliance program.
- In-house compliance experience.
- Substantial experience in conducting and overseeing investigations.
- Experience with in-house compliance investigations role is highly desirable.
- Experience investigating a breadth of compliance matters.
- Experience investigating employment matters.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, in addition to a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to deliver crisp, clear and concise executive presentations; professional presence and ability to interact effectively with executive management.
- Capable of inspiring trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the Company.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, and focusing on critical priorities with little or no supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment; sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences.
- Regular and sometimes unpredictable travel
- Employment law experience a plus
- Relationship management experience in a cross-functional environment across global teams
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.