Director, Technology & Operations, ABK Mobile Partnerships
12 days ago
Job Title:Director, Technology & Operations, ABK Mobile Partnerships
Location: California, Remote US
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and sits at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. Activision Blizzard is a member of the S&P 500 and is recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world across three operating segments: Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment and we develop and publishes games based on some of the most beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty, Warcraft, Candy Crush, Overwatch, Diablo, Hearthstone, and many others. Our games are played in 196 countries and we are well-positioned for growth across all gaming platforms, audiences, genres, and business models.
Activision Blizzard believes in developing talent across the organization at all levels through career development, mentor relationships and formal training. We are a community of people who love to have fun together, and we are fueled by the passion for our games, our industry and future opportunities for the company and its people.
More information about Activision Blizzard and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Activision Blizzard King Mobile Partnerships supports key company priorities by driving partner collaboration that fuels organic growth across our leading portfolio of games. We are looking for a strong leader to play a key role with our biggest mobile distribution partners and internal teams. You will be helping lead data-driven recommendations that identify "win- win" value propositions using our partner ecosystem. You’ll have a proven track record to apply your skills in order to generate value for our leading games franchises, including Candy Crush, Call of Duty Mobile, and Diablo Immortal, as well as our studios’ next generation of outstanding mobile games.
The Director, Technology & Operations, ABK Mobile Partnerships will report to the Vice President of Mobile Partnerships. In this role, you will be a senior leader, driving and accelerating technology initiatives with the largest mobile distribution platforms (e.g. Apple and Google). You will also be leading operational process improvement internally to enable us to innovate more rapidly. We're looking for a standout teammate, who has a track record of driving transformation and expert influencing skills at executive and core team levels.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Provide strategic insights and leadership on key topics to advise on business operations efficiency and to help drive future-growth initiatives
- Deeply understand platform objectives to advise and prioritize offerings for future roadmap
- Develop strong, positive relationships with Partner Management, Engineering, Product Management, and Analytics to drive strategic objectives
- Ensure incidents are accurately supervised and elevated appropriately with partners to drive resolutions.
- Be the subject matter authority on platform policy and tech guidelines to analyze and communicate the impact of key strategy and market changes
- Lead a team responsible for technical support to internal partners related to platform OS and policy changes
- Input on processes for tracking and reporting performance to internal and external partners
- Communicate recommendations in a clear and concise way to leadership and cross-functional partners
Skills to create thrills
- Seasoned leader with 10+ years of broad, results–driven strategic & technical experience in Operating or Consulting role
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record; MBA preferred
- Effective people / team management capabilities enabling management of an impactful team
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, steadfast advocate and influencer
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (often including project management of cross-functional “virtual” teams)
- Upbeat and collaborative with strong cross-functional and cross-cultural influencing skills
- Executive presence and ability to “tell a story” that drives decisions with senior audiences
- The ability to understand complex business problems and then define the right metrics or analysis to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Experience in a gaming, media or consumer web/mobile services company (preferred, not required);
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.