Director, Technical Program Management - Technology Department
8 days ago
Technical Program Management Directors are leaders of delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to achieve player value through work systems and practices. While driving internal agreement for teams and development organizations, we focus on continuous improvement. Technical Program Management Directors offer leadership and mentoring to help others to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As the Technical Program Management Director for the Technology Department, you will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will improve on programs that not only span our multiple platform teams (Infrastructure Platform, Riot Data Products, Developer Connections) but also help all game and product teams at Riot. You will be an important member of the leadership team to help ensure our efforts, projects, and planning are aligned with the strategic vision and needs of our customers around Riot.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of customers.
- Investigate and qualify metrics/analytics to make informed decisions and determine initiative success.
- Create transparency and predictability with programs by building yearly and quarterly roadmaps for department programs
- Report on program performance, ensuring each program achieves milestones against its objective.
- Operationally accomplish the group's strategy through coordinated efforts across the department's central teams
- Develop and track organizational indicators for health and project/product delivery and operations
- Identify risks, impediments to hitting department goals, while developing plans for mitigation and resolution
- Organize our planning, communication, and team members rituals on monthly, quarterly, and annual cadences
- Maintain partner relationships, providing visibility into work streams and maintaining partner satisfaction.
- Provide leadership/mentorship for the development management members across our technology central teams
- Be a strategic adviser to the leadership team to help us be as effective as possible
- 10+ years of technical project management/delivery leadership experience
- Previous program leadership role in a large distributed organization.
- Expertise in software development, infrastructure, and live operations management
- Managed hardware/software products through the entire life cycle – from development and launch to maintaining and operating a live service.
- Understanding of Change Management frameworks.
- Understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience managing multiple partners.
- Fundamental knowledge of publishing, marketing, P&L/finance.
- Certified in Scaled Agile or working knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks.
- Desire to improve Riot's ability to make the impossible happen for players.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience shipping and supporting AAA, online games, or equivalent consumer technology products at scale.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).