Director, Talent Acquisition
6 days ago
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Our Vancouver studio is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition. As the Director, Talent Acquisition, you will report directly to the Chief People Officer. As a member of our high-performing People team and the leader of our spirited talent acquisition function, you will bring a high degree of business acumen and consulting skills to navigate through Kabam’s dynamic business environment.
As a core people team leader, you will be able to think beyond the human resources function and contribute to the overall success of Kabam’s business goals and growth strategy. You will work closely with our People Business Partners, Senior Leadership Team and other key stakeholders while driving the talent acquisition team to success.
In this role, you expect to:
- Guide, mentor, and provide direction, coaching and feedback to a team of talent acquisition professionals while facilitating a high-performance culture
- Accountable for developing and executing a global and scalable talent acquisition strategy
- Own the full lifecycle recruitment for executive-level positions
- Champion continuous improvement in the organization's talent acquisition strategy and use innovative practices and technology to deliver an exceptional experience for all stakeholders.
- Design and execute a comprehensive, integrated employer brand strategy, creating and implementing tactics to build the brand in the talent marketplace and within the organization
- Partner closely with our Resource Management Office in strategic workforce planning with key stakeholders for all departments at Kabam
- Own the development and execution of strategic talent attraction programs such as campus recruitment, internships, and co-ops
- Facilitate internal mobility, and refine an efficient internal process
- Optimize Kabam’s recruitment process, system, and workflows
- Monitor and examine metrics to make strategic business decisions, improve processes, and evaluate team performance/progress toward meeting
- Work closely with business partners to understand and forecast campus hiring needs and establish a robust campus recruitment program
- Partner with Kabam’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (“DEIB”) Council to create and execute a framework to proactively address current and future DEIB needs by examining current workforce data, employee engagement surveys, and external research
Your background includes:
- 12+ years of experience in human resources and talent acquisition with 4+ years in a management role.
- Proven track record in the development, program management and implementation of talent acquisition programs from scratch
- Ability to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- Deep understanding of the full recruiting lifecycle and process with knowledge of how to optimize systems for effectiveness and efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-performing and high-potential talent
- Broader generalist experience in HR as an asset
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence, engage and partner with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent business acumen accompanied by a growth mindset.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care provides a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), and paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program, where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.