Director Studio Operations
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for a production leader to help establish PlayStation’s presence in the mobile space. Joining a small and rapidly expanding team, you will help set the vision for the org and drive project management across a variety of initiatives. You are an expert in mobile game development and live operations, will build a framework for production support across internal and external studios, hire and lead the team responsible for the execution of individual projects and be the main point of communication for the mobile leadership team.
You are organized, effective and a great communicator, who can both lead project management across a portfolio of games as well as embed on a team to serve as a producer on cross-functional pods when needed. You are a people manager with the ability to grow a team, and are confident in taking new initiatives from zero to one.
- Build a framework to manage game projects with internal and external studios, including development planning, resource allocation, project planning, communication channels and other ad hoc requirements
- Lead production for cross-functional projects across the portfolio and contribute to other studio operations efforts in support of the org’s strategic goals
- Hire and lead a team of producers to lead the functional on individual project development pods
- Support development teams by maintaining a cadence of milestone check-ins and project reviews with each studio and ensure communication back to mobile and company leadership
- Build relationships with IP holders to ensure their needs are met across various game projects
- Articulate and champion mobile opportunities across teams and studios by evangelizing the vision to key stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Sr Producer or Director at a high-profile mobile gaming company, ideally with well-known IP
- Expert knowledge of mobile game development, from concept to sunset including ideation, green light, production, and live operations
- Able to lead projects, build teams, and generate a clear vision for studio structure
- Able to work independently to drive impact, and clearly communicate needs and context to leadership
- Experience working with internal and external partners, and world-renowned brands, a strong plus
- Highly organized, excellent communicator with strong soft skills and a passion for gaming
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.