This job might no longer be available.
Director, Strategic Initiatives
9 days ago
We are looking for a talented individual, with a mix of product, strategy and GTM expertise, to drive success on China focused verticals and products. In addition, this position will also own strategic partnerships with large customers and will work with cross-functional teams across Unity to bring our strategic partnerships to a higher level.
As a director of strategic initiatives in Greater China, you identify the steps to reach a company’s goals. You’ll suggest programs to implement, track results and resolve problems that may come up. The job may also require you to participate in hiring decisions, making sure a company’s employees have the skills and experience needed to support its business goals.
Depending on the stage of the business, you may develop project proposals, charters, progress reports, requests for proposal responses, grant applications and other documents and presentations. You will also need to network, helping your company develop relationships with external and internal partners.
This role reports to the President of Greater China and is based in Shanghai.
- Deliver project management, strategic planning, and implementation support for key organizational initiatives as assigned - this includes Education, Cloud and all China focused projects
- Takes ownership of strategic relationships with our large partners eg) Tencent
- Partner with global teams and jointly develop strategic business plans relevant for China
- Lead the Unity China’s annual planning process and work with Financial Planning with strategic planning process.
- Provide staff support to the President of Greater China for the convening of a range of meetings on short-or long-term projects. This may include undertaking research, tracking trends, preparing presentations; development of meeting agendas; compiling pertinent background materials for attendees; preparing summaries of discussion; coordinating logistical arrangements; and ensuring appropriate and effective communications with participants, as needed.
- Support the President of Greater China with development and maintenance of external partnerships.
- Work closely with President of Greater China on advocacy efforts and relationship building with government legislators.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership
- Experience in senior level management at a high-tech environment; preferably with global experience
- Project management and/or operation of multiple human services programs
- Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matter quickly
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to create positive environment that is able to respond to constant change
- Ability to work independently and to undertake supervisory responsibilities as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.