Director, Strategic Advisory - Central Product
2 months ago
In Strategic Advisory at Riot, we partner with teams to ensure Rioters have the best information frameworks available to provide content and experiences that delight players around the world.
As the Director of Strategic Advisory for the Central Product team, reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Advisory, you will partner with game team leadership to help our new games achieve their maximum potential. You will be Riot's leader of cross game insights, ensuring products have the information we need to make better design decisions, improve retention, develop goals/Indicators and much more. You will build relationships with Strategic Advisory Leaders and Executive Producers on each game to better understand their challenges, provide advice, and codify learnings .
- Leadership: Serve as a product, genre and platform expert who will lead a team of Product Managers and Analysts.
- Player Advocacy: Guide the Central Product team to help promote best practices and increase awareness of what's resonating well with Players across multiple genres.
- Product Strategy: Support Game Leaders on development of long-term strategies, work with analytics, product and design teams to improve the health of the early funnel, meta-game, and in-game economy.
- Analysis: Have an expert level understanding of all acquisition, engagement and monetization 'hooks' that help track performance and 'levers' to exercise during live service and can translate data into actions. Be comfortable with rapid experimentation gleaning insight from both positive and negative results.
- Approach: Promote a safe and creative environment, evolve the vision for Riot's Central Product unit and develop Riot's Product Management Bootcamp.
- 7+ years directing or leading video game analytics and Games as a Service
- Experienced in using experimentation and quantitative analysis to identify new features & tactics that positively impact metrics
- Expert level understanding of player motivations, personas and segmentations across multiple genres/franchises/platforms.
- Understanding of the pros & cons of the business models used in games (by platform).
- Have experience identifying player needs, gathering requirements from partners, building business cases, and growing game engagement, monetization and reach.
- Developed a culture of rapid experimentation and built the tools to measure in that environment
- Work well in an environment where you don't lead the product
- Can simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- 6+ years experience in mid-senior people management
- Experience writing and consulting on specs, overcoming design challenges and taking the lead for resolving design and product strategy challenges
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).