Director, Revenue Strategy and Operations
New York New York 10013 United States of America
6 days ago
Job Title:Director, Revenue Strategy and Operations
Activision Blizzard, Inc., is the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. Our portfolio includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment, developed by the incredibly talented teams at Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment and King Digital Entertainment.
Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) is the center of commercial partnerships for our esport opportunities, namely Overwatch League and Call of Duty League. The opportunity we offer partner brands is to connect with a highly engaged yet elusive millennial fan base that is educated, tech savvy and social.
We are seeking an experienced Director, Revenue Strategy and Operations to join our Global Partnerships Team. This individual will play a critical role in developing, selling and managing successful IP anchored partnerships.As a member of our team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable teammates to help continue building upon our history of success in gaming and esports.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work in conjunction with SVP of Partnerships and key stakeholders to own the business planning process and drive alignment on the content and add strategic input for AOP, LRP, and organizational planning
- Create and/or manage creation of the business planning and other presentation decks
- Own the thought leadership around the group’s approach to partnership and revenue goals, market landscape and target categories, working closely with key stakeholders, building analysis as needed to support
- Provide financial and strategic valuations for potential deals ensuring the broader partnerships organization is focusing and driving the right opportunities based on the strategic and financial valuation
- Provide deal oversight and project management as needed for large scale or critical deals
- Contribute strategic perspectives and be part of the Partnerships working group team
- Partner with Commercial Finance on key processes such as deal and category analysis, forecasts, revenue target tracking and pipeline
- Oversee Sales Operations team
- Support the sales team on tool implementation (Salesforce & Kore)
- Build the P&L for prospective and sold partnership terms / assets
- Manage the activation budget for our esports partnerships
- Organize and manage business process management and improvements in conjunction with Head of Partnerships
- Spearhead all executive level partner briefings
- Maintain organizational lines of communication, inclusive of managing overall relationship with media sales team, interdepartmental teams and external clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in business development, strategy or related field; experience with sponsorship, advertising and/or media rights preferred
- 4+ years leadership and team management experience of cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and draw actionable business strategy
- Consistent track record of achievement in maximizing sales sponsorship revenue and profitability across multiple products and offerings
- Highly developed client management skills and presentation abilities
- Strong understanding of advertisting/sponsorship operations and best practices
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communication, project management, and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups.
- Capacity for creative and innovative thinking for successful brand marketing
- Established ability to navigate and drive concensus in matrixed environments
- Leader and self-starter with the ability to manage time, prioritize work within a team
- Willingness to travel often including cross country and internationally, and on occasionally on weekends
- MBA, JD or other advanced business degree
- Significant knowledge of sports business operations, or esports products and intellectual properties
- Strong knowledge of the gaming industry and emerging trends in partnerships
Team Name:Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues