Director, Release Management
3 days ago
Magic Leap is looking for a Director of Release Management, to provide day-to-day operations and strategic leadership to our product development team. This position is accountable for leading the continuous delivery of releases for Magic Leap's software and services. You’ll leverage a combination of product management practices to define requirements and program management practices to lead innovative initiatives focused on customer experience, scalability, continuous delivery and release team development.
You'll utilize metrics to analyze, plan, and implement processes that lead to an improvement in overall delivery SLAs and customer satisfaction working with stakeholders across the company.
- You’ll use program management methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, patches, and changes in a SaaS environment.
- You’ll collaborate with engineering program managers to manage delivery of releases while ensuring any issues are triaged and resolved accordingly.
- Create release/implementation plans and coordinate with multiple engineering teams to ensure successful and stable deployments.
- Develop weekly reporting on required metrics.
- Collaborate with technical operation teams to prioritize releases based on capacity.
- Continually work towards process improvement in the release process.
- Drive the organization forward with process changes and recommendations on new procedures and executions in a data driven approach
- Work with your peers across the organization to handle customer escalations, incidents, or dependent release activities
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in product management
- Analytical mindset and a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Great EQ and collaborative communication skills across diverse audiences, ability to influence and drive change through others including senior executives.
- Be a risk taker and willing to question the status quo.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, matrix environment, deal with ambiguity, and create clarity for people and teams.
- Collaborative with exceptional social and interpersonal skills
- Calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage or customer escalation
- Take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a highly cross functional teams
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through, and ability to prioritize quickly are necessary
- You combine customer empathy and your passion for moving fast to deliver frequent, high quality releases that benefit our customers and partners and motivate our engineers
- Background in industrial design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing, product management, strategic design, information systems or another relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in a related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.