Director, Program Management, Social & Marketplace Platforms
8 days ago
Director, Program Management for Marketplace and Social
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
Are you interested in shaping the future of interactive entertainment? Are you excited about enabling the next generation of games across all devices and platforms, enabling consumers to play any game, with anyone, anywhere, at any time?
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) team is looking for a talented, analytical, strategic, execution focused, and passionate program leader. As Director of Program Management for EADP Marketplace and Social you will deliver on overall vision and strategy for EA's Virtual Economy and social platforms. EADP provides key services to all of EA’s game studio, including identity, commerce, marketplace, and data services. EADP’s Marketplace Platform enables and drives virtual economy and progression interaction in order to increase acquisition, engagement and monetization. EADP’s Social platform drives the in-game social interactions that make our games so much fun!
This role will work closely with engineering and product management and lead a team to drive execution on the strategic roadmaps.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Help to execute the vision for the global marketplace and social strategies for EA.
- Identify and document business cases, requirements and planning for new and innovative capabilities
- Partner with gaming and EADP teams to link technical capabilities and support to their strategic vision and individual product releases
- Collaborate with stakeholders including the Product Manager to formulate and document product requirements
- Deep technical knowledge of monetization and social infrastructure
- Manage business priorities and monitor progress throughout the program management process
- Collaborate with peer teams on Identity Management, Data Platform analytics and others
- Work with UX Designers to ensure delivery of optimal user experiences
- Lead a team of Program Managers to partner with Engineering to support the vision and deliver against plan and targets; breaking down high-level requirements into actionable development strategies and tasks.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design, and development teams. Escalate and resolve risks or misalignment
- Prepare and facilitate implementation of go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Own the results. Track KPI’s and use them to drive decision-making about the future of the product
- Ensure the engineering and content teams have the tools, technical processes and best practices they need to develop in an agile and efficient way
- Identify and create mitigation plans for technical risks and adoption
- 8 + years in Platform Program Management
- Proven track record of building great consumer-facing and back-end Social and/or marketplace features
- 4+ years of digital experience. Digital gaming is a plus
- In-depth business and technical domain knowledge. Solid understanding of usability and user-centric design principles
- Deep understanding on large scale platform capabilities and enough technical depth across these capabilities to assess risk and deliver cutting-edge solutions
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and partner across complex organizations to drive results
- Advanced degree with a focus on business or program management, Master’s or MBA preferred
ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES:
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful.
- Has sound judgment and thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions
- Simplifier but at the same time thinks big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis
- Act as a change agent for process improvements; Highly resourceful person that evaluates everything & implements new ways of doing things
- Proven project management skills, can-do attitude and the ability to thrive (and enjoy) working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed
- Used to work alongside and present to senior management
- Deep understanding of, and a passion for, the digital gaming space
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our locations:
Unleash Your Inner Genius - Apply Today!