This job might no longer be available.
Director, Program Management, Social & Marketplace Platforms
6 months ago
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
Are you interested in shaping the future of interactive entertainment? Are you excited about empowering the next generation of games across all devices and platforms, helping consumers play any game, with anyone, anywhere, at any time?
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) team is looking for a talented, execution-focused, and passionate program leader. As Director of Program Management for EADP Marketplace and Social you will provide overall vision for EA's Virtual Economy and social platforms. EADP provides essential services to all of EA’s game studio, including identity, commerce, marketplace, and data services. EADP’s Marketplace Platform enables and inspires virtual economy and progression interaction to increase acquisition, engagement and monetization. EADP’s Social platform guides the in-game social interactions that make our games so much fun!
You will report to the leader of the Marketplace & Social platform engineering team and work with engineering and product management and lead a team to promote execution on the strategic roadmaps.
- Help build and achieve the vision for the global marketplace and social strategies for EA.
- Identify and document business cases, requirements and planning for new capabilities
- Partner with gaming and EADP teams to link technical capabilities and support to their strategic vision and individual product releases
- Collaborate with partners including the Product Manager to create product requirements
- Deep technical knowledge of monetization and social infrastructure
- Rank and monitor progress throughout the program management process
- Collaborate with peer teams on Identity Management, Data Platform analytics and others
- Work with UX Designers to ensure delivery of optimal user experiences
- Lead a team of Program Managers to partner with Engineering to support the vision and meet plan and targets; breaking down high-level requirements into development strategies and tasks.
- Ensure coordination across business and design teams. Escalate and resolve risks or misalignment
- Prepare and help implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Oversee the results. Track Indicators and use them to improve decision-making about the future of the product
- Ensure the engineering and content teams have the tools, technical processes and best practices they need to develop in an agile and efficient way
- Identify and create mitigation plans for technical risks and adoption
- 8 + years in Platform Program Management
- Experience building great consumer-facing and back-end Social or marketplace features
- 4+ years of digital experience. Digital gaming is a plus
- In-depth business and technical domain knowledge. Understand usability and user-centric design principles
- Understand large-scale platform capabilities and enough technical depth across these capabilities to assess risk and find solutions
- Experience working with diverse teams and partner across complex organizations to achieve results
- Advanced degree with a focus on business or program management, Master’s or MBA preferred
ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES:
- Simplifies while still thinking big, takes smart risks, finds elegant solutions
- Doesn't wait to be asked and will plan while avoiding analysis paralysis
- Act for process improvements; resourceful person that evaluates everything and implements new ways of doing things
- Project management skills, can-do attitude and the enjoys an exciting and collaborative work
- Diligence, commitment, and a desire to meet goals
- Used to work with and present to senior management
- Is passionate about the digital gaming space
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture is powered by creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our locations:
Unleash Your Inner Genius - Apply Today!