Director, Production - New IP
28 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented, versatile and broadly experienced Director of Production to create an exciting new IP. As the Director-level Producer, you will build the production discipline team from the ground up, and be accountable for the “who and when” of bringing a new game IP to life and players around the world.
Working within a nimble, cross-disciplinary team of skilled developers, you will become the keystone to bring our new IP to market. You will work with vision holders and stakeholders to lead and manage a high-performance team. As a Phoenix Labs production leader, you’ll be expected to produce world class experiences, elevating what’s possible in games, leveraging considerable experience one day, and learning new skills the next.
- Partner with the Product Director to manage and support a cross-functional development team of software engineers, designers, and artists.
- Accountable for all production aspects of the game team, including headcount and staffing allocations, organization structure, team health and performance, budget, forecasts, scheduling, quality, and project planning and tracking.
- Assume the role of Head of Delivery role on an outcome based team, and facilitate team rituals that is a first principles approach, be adaptable, and ultimately stand up process that supports this unique team of world class developers.
- Build excellent relationships across Phoenix Labs studios, as well as with our partners and community.
- Actively manage and mitigate risk, and lead problem resolution as issues arise.
- Support the team’s growth and development, and ensure they’re empowered to do their best work.
- Production and leadership experience in AAA game development
- High level of leadership, ownership and self-sufficiency.
- Up-to-date on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices.
- Shipped at least 1 high quality multi-platform game title with end-to-end production experience, incubation to live.
- Shipped minimum one live service game in a leadership role, and is familiar with running and maintaining a game service with regular updates.
- Is a steady and practiced hand at steering a game’s production through the different stages of development.
- Experienced in scaling and managing a cross-functional development team from the small size of early stage development through to the larger size of production, launch, and live service.
- Strong written and verbal communicator who is capable of building alignment with large and varied groups.
- At home in a cross-functional, team-based environment, and has the ability to thrive in and promote a culture of collaboration and transparency.
- Strategic thinker with high proficiency in various project management methodologies, who knows when to apply which methodologies to drive toward effective outcomes.
- Highly proficient at core project management skills and able to share knowledge by coaching or training others in skills like planning, scheduling, estimation, risk assessment, capacity planning, scoping, budgeting, and staffing.
- Adept at preparing mitigation and contingency plans before problems occur within a team or project.
- You are adaptable and have experience leveraging many different pipelines.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Google Suite, Slack.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Perforce.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.