Director, Product - VR
16 days ago
At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. We are investing heavily in these areas to make our users successful on whatever their chosen platform is. By joining the XR Runtimes team, you will contribute to the development of next-generation AR technologies that go beyond what is possible with AR today. This role is directly involved with both evolving Unity and also working with partners who will help us craft this exciting new space.
As the Director of Product Manager, XR, you will be working side-by-side with Engineering, Product Design and Program Management. Together this multi-functional team develops and evolves the Unity platform; designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modelers and developers to build rich and interactive content.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the strategy for the evolution and future innovation of XR at Unity for the 5-10 year horizon
- Manage a team of Product Managers, and establish good practices and techniques for PM's in the team
- Collaborate across roles and teams to ensure all plans holistically fulfill the most needed user outcomes; communicate strategy to all levels of the organization
- Prioritize the team’s research and exploration to ensure we meet the most pressing needs for the current target market and also look ahead to meeting the needs of broader Unity users
- Engage with high profile customers and partners directly, and ensure all broad communications are clear and aligned to the vision
What we’re looking for
- Product Management experience sufficient to mentor IC and Lead PMs through essential techniques, demonstrating user empathy in all coaching
- People management experience of at least small teams; capability to grow a healthy and effective team
- Experience with games and/or other 3D creation, so you can engage optimally in discussions about the challenges for these creators
- Technical background sufficient to learn and engage in analysis of possible technical architecture solutions to desired outcomes
- Strong capabilities in collaboration and driving alignment across teams who may have differing goals and priorities
You might also have
- Experience navigating major new technology shifts or transitions
- Storytelling and visual presentation abilities - capability of distilling complex systems and strategies into clear and concise media
- Direct experience working on core game engine and/or platform technologies
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.