This job might no longer be available.
Director, Product Manager- Consumer Experience
19 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform dedicated to bringing out the best in everyone through competition. As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry, by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The Skillz platform empowers developers to create multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, with the goal of building the home of competition for all.
Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and the number-one fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. www.skillz.com.
Who we're looking for:
As the Senior Product Manager leading monetization, you will work with Product Leadership to build a social, competitive platform that delights players and brings them back daily to compete, win, and earn achievements and prizes. The new product features that you will deliver are expected to delight our players and customers and drive growth to our key business metrics. Competition and community is at the center of Skillz’ broader ecosystem strategy, and we believe we’ve only scratched the surface.
What you'll do:
- Product Vision: Work cross functionally with stakeholders to define the consumer product vision, strategy and roadmap for the competition platform.
- A strategic problem solver capable of synthesizing data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, marketing research, and design) to identify key customer needs.
- Collaboration: Define product goals working closely with engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists and other PMs so the “why” is clear to all stakeholders.
- Communication: Team player and excellent communicator capable of clearly sharing feature development progress, metric impact, etc to a multi-functional group.
- Roadmap: Build big impactful initiatives from start to finish, articulating outcomes, scoping requirements, planning development, and shipping iterative improvements.
- Execution: Work with the engineering team to estimate ship dates of major deliverables with a 75% or better accuracy.
- Results Driven: Drive analysis of releases and share results through quarterly business reviews (QBRs); build a track record of delivering on forecasted outcomes.
- Work with analysts to create KPI dashboards and generate insights on product performance to inform feature design.
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering customer engaging experiences in mobile games or apps. Your work will touch a range of platforms and should clearly demonstrate the success and impact of your efforts for both users and business.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior product management role, preferably in gaming (console, PC, or mobile); interactive entertainment; technology; or consumer products.
- Proven track record building large consumer facing features that have moved key metrics by at least 10%.
- Experience in defining vision, strategy, roadmap and taking multiple products through the software development lifecycle from conception to launch.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of mobile games, gamified consumer products and refined visual design sensibility.
- A great communicator (oral, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus both within a product team and with executive stakeholders across the company.
- Passionate advocate for the consumer with proven results in achieving stellar user experience within tight constraints.
- BA/BS and/or MA/MS in a related field
Nice to have:
- Experience building mobile gameplay, competition features and/or social experiences in social casino or puzzle games is a strong plus.
- Experience in feature/system design and live operations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .