This job might no longer be available.
Director, Product Management- Consumer Experience
16 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition. The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with over 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025. As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the gaming industry's future.
The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide and distributes millions in prizes each month. Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed its platform's power to transform how nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times' Best Places to Work, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. What We're Looking For: Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz.
Who we're looking for:
Skillz is looking for an experienced Leader to lead our company vision in our Consumer experience division. As a Leader, you will inspire others to challenge the status quo, amplify data-driven decisions and KPIs, lead by example, and innovate the eSport space.
As the Director, of Product Management, you will lead our consumer experiences division. You will work with Leadership on the vision and strategy for new achievements and competitive and social game modes in the broader Skillz platform. The new product features your team will deliver are expected to delight our players and customers and drive growth to our key business metrics. Competition and community are at the center of Skillz’s broader ecosystem strategy, and we believe we’ve only scratched the surface.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to define the consumer product vision, strategy, and roadmap for achievements and social game modes aligned with the overall company product roadmap and business strategy.
- A strategic thinker, who can own the overall plan, including design, implementation, GTM, and analysis framework of features and functional refinements.
- Drive analysis of releases and share results through quarterly business reviews (QBRs); build a track record of delivering on forecasted outcomes.
- Work with the engineering team to estimate ship dates of major deliverables with 75% or better accuracy.
- Team player and excellent communicator capable of clearly sharing feature development progress, metric impact, etc, to a multi-functional group.
- Partner with Executive Leadership on Strategic long-term vision and planning.
- Manage and develop a team of high-performing Product Managers.
- Make data-driven decisions based on industry and competitive market data and trends.
- BA/BS and/or MA/MS in a related field
- 6+ years managing people
- 5+ years of operational planning experience
- 6-8 years of experience building and delivering user-centered, engaging experiences across a range of platforms and can demonstrate the success and impact of your efforts for both users and business.
- Knowledge of consumer products, refined visual design sensibility, and a passion for mobile.
- A great communicator (oral, written, and visual) who can influence and build consensus both within a product team and with executive stakeholders across the company.
- Experience building web or mobile gameplay, competition features, and/or social experiences in a social casino or puzzle games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .