Director, Platform and Sales Strategy
15 days ago
As Director of Platform and Sales Strategy, you will be a key leader in Bungie’s Publishing team driving global sales performance, franchise growth, incubation planning, and strategic platform partnerships.
You will be responsible for providing our publishing, development, and incubation teams with accurate industry benchmarks, best-in-class business practices, and strategic platform insights to ensure the future success of Bungie. Using data, consumer insights, and creative solutions, you would be a key driver of our commercial performance, ensuring our Sales strategy reflects our players’ passion for their hobby. Based on these efforts, you and your team will be responsible for first party platform sales and partner closely with the Product Management, marketing, and development teams to deliver successful business outcomes for Bungie titles.
You will be responsible for the management and growth of the global Sales organization, including Sales, Planning, and Analysis, Sales Management, and Account Management to drive strategic business performance. Tactically, you will build commercial strategies and execute go-to-market plans while aligning external partners to support our commercial initiatives.
You will report to the Senior Director of Product Management.
- Partner with development, publishing, and platform partners to devise and orchestrate effective business strategy and tactics across all regional markets based on empirical data, insightful analysis, competition benchmarks, thoughtful execution, and innovative ideas
- As a key stakeholder of Bungie’s publishing team, you will communicate and collaborate with our games creators to help us successfully develop long-term franchise plans
- Lead and grow the Sales Management team to build trust and success with our external business partners and internal key stakeholders
- Lead and grow the Sales Planning and Analysis team to identify new market trends to drive innovative business models for Bungie products
- Proactively identify and evaluate new revenue opportunities to grow the business through modern sales, SKU, and first party platform strategies
- Drive the forecasting, performance measurement, and communication of results for our first party sales business, working closely with the Demand Planning team
- Lead and grow the Account Management team to develop and expand the commercial partnerships with external platform partners.
- Work with business development, partnerships, and marketing teams to create comprehensive collaborations with external platforms, services, and new media channels
- Lead regular meetings with commercial stakeholders in Finance/Accounting, Publishing, Product Management, Analytics, and Development to review and assess business performance
- Work with our Consumer Products teams to expand Bungie ecommerce and international sales and rewards strategy
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to create product solutions that amplify key events and launches while informing in-game commercial strategy
- Partner with the Bungie International team on developing new business strategies to help broaden the reach of our worlds that inspire life-long friendships
- Demonstrable experience in management and growth of a physical and digital Sales organization in the video games space
- Experience leading and mentoring a high performing sales team
- Experience in development incubation processes, franchise strategy and tactics in which you have seen great ideas succeed and fail in execution, and learned from those experiences
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, business analysis, and data-informed decision making capabilities
- Be proficient with business intelligence tools to manage the team on sales reporting and analysis, working closely with analytics and services through an always learning mindset
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Expertise and a wealth of knowledge of games industry trends, the competitor landscape, and successful sales strategies in the space
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities
- Awareness and familiarity of Bungie’s history and culture
- Experience working with live operations, games as a service, MMO web/social/mobile experiences, and customer-centric software and services
- Experience in a start-up environment or working with an independent entertainment studio is a significant plus (building the team while also providing front-line support where necessary)
- Deep understanding of software and game development processes, experience with agile and small team models
Listed below is this role's base pay range. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly).
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers
to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Washington State Pay Range
$176,000 — $205,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Bungie employees in the U.S. also receive:
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
So you don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.