Director, Organizational Effectiveness
15 days ago
Enterprise teams at Riot are responsible for creating the culture, systems, and environment that enable Riot to be the best place for world-class talent to imagine and deliver the impossible for players. Enterprise collectively is made up of key corporate teams like Finance, People, Legal, Corporate Affairs, IT and Infosec, D&I and Corp. Strategy that create the ecosystem for Riot's different product pillars to operate and collaborate. In order to be effective , Enterprise Rioters must foster a trust forward culture to empower product pillars, act as true partners to product teams and create simple and customer centric systems that unlock collaboration across Riot.
As Director, Organizational Effectiveness, reporting to the VP, People, you will oversee and set the global strategy for new essential capabilities at Riot in the area of organizational development, change management, and organizational effectiveness. You will build a team of OD/OE professionals to partner with HRBP's to navigate stakeholders , better understand organizational talent needs, work with the COE's, and provide a feedback loop that helps our businesses understand and achieve our goals around the world. You will inspire and help your team to collaborate across our organization to determine the right problem spaces, establish and measure success factors, mobilize several SMEs and workstreams, provide a holistic perspective alongside COEs to ensure our solutions are aligned, and enact meaningful change.
- Build a team focused on enterprise-wide important projects in the space of organizational design, development and effectiveness
- Oversee the strategy with the agreement of key stakeholders and establish important metrics for success for the OD/OE function at Riot
- Be a recognized thought leader for the global enterprise; provide expert consultation in collaboration with our HRBP's to multiple stakeholders within the organization on workforce planning, organization design, and change management
- Conduct evidence-based organization diagnosis/needs assessment/root cause analysis activities (in partnership with other functional experts within HR and non-HR functions); gain agreement with key stakeholders, and prioritize recommendations that identify the outcomes, methods, and resources required for interventions, along with any dependencies/interdependencies that will need to be accounted for
- Provide consultation and directly contribute to data informed business cases to support executive and management decisions related to this role's areas of impact
- Operationalize and oversee implementation of important talent processes, exercises, and programs across Riot product pillars, working in collaboration with HRBPs and COEs
- Support engagement, retention, and talent attraction across product pillars in partnership with HRBPs, COEs, and leaders across Riot
- Partner with HRBPs, COEs, and Craft/Discipline leaders to implement and oversee outcomes on behalf of important Riot disciplines
- Oversee the framework of organization design charters; lead the team to facilitate targeted team-chartering and team-building sessions, in partnership with HRBPs, for groups across Riot
- Partner with Communications on behalf of the People Team when needed
- Mature/refine OD methods based on industry best practices and build OD capabilities within the HR and manager communities
- Improve the effectiveness of People programs with Riot leaders, teams, and Rioters at large working with and advising HRBPs and COEs and including development of and tracking of essential metrics
- Work with HRBPs and leadership teams on re-organizations and other team affecting changes
- Bachelor's Degree or related equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in HR, 4+ years leading teams
- Experience in Organizational Design and Development and Organizational Effectiveness
- Experience leading wide-scale, transformational change for organizations
- Consulting skillset, inclusive of project scoping and management, hypothesis development, uncovering insights, and ability to make the complex simple
- Experience identifying causes of complex issues and designing solutions across multiple organizations to solve them using an evidence-based approach/sound reasoning while demonstrating empathy in communicating decisions and driving implementation
- Collaborative style and expertise in stakeholder management
- A passion for developing others
- Advanced Degree
- Consultative or in-house Corporate experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.