This job might no longer be available.
Director Operations- EA Sports Mobile
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
6 months ago
EA SPORTS Mobile crafts high-quality mobile games, focused on delivering immersive, authentic, free-to-play experiences crafted to fit into the lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA SPORTS Mobile operates in Vancouver, Orlando and Bucharest.
We’re searching for a Director of Operations who'll report to the VP/General Manager Mobile Sports, partnering with the studio’s management team to guide the planning and control of essential operational activities. You will also partner with the management teams of each franchise and external partners to achieve success for us as a whole. You will set and monitor operational targets for your studio and guide activities that achieve the studio strategic goals. As a primary member of the Studio Leadership Team you will also help build studio culture and aligning studio operations and communications.
- Provide leadership within the Studio to champion strategic projects to have an impact on future projects and Studio road map.
- Develop Studio measurements that track project quality, delivery, and financial status and risks.
- Partner with the EA SPORTS Mobile VP/GM to review product resource and execution plans.
- Lead change management strategies for Studio projects whether through town halls, reviews, workshops or other inclusive methods.
- Partner with HR to employ and grow talent.
- Develop and provide oversight and execution around game development processes, including the Studio’s title planning and green light processes.
- Lead process improvement forward through direct and dotted line reports. This includes transparent, predictable and value-added processes for quality product delivery and efficiencies and new ways of thinking about operations.
- Participate in monthly Studio operational/business reviews by presenting metrics and risks / mitigation for projects.
- Conduct operational reviews with development teams, advise on best practices and partner to design creative solutions to challenges that arise.
- Create project plans and tracks milestone dates.
- Handle and coordinate resource planning between studios, ensuring efficient headcount use across the studio groups.
- Measure progress and suggest top level actions to address progress shortfalls.
- Anticipate reasonable contingencies.
- Present a knowledge of development methodologies and an understanding of when to use or adapt each one.
Financial / Infrastructure
- Manage to the studio’s operating and capital budgets, resource budget, quality, and predictability targets.
- Provide complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of operations and leadership experience in a mobile or AAA Game development environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to challenge and collaborate with a variety of partners.
- Present compelling business cases/analyses/recommendations to leadership team.
- Proficient change management skills.
- Lead and run essential operational activities of the studio teams and set clear targets to achieve studio goals.
- Commit to predictable delivery and risk management.
- Work with the HR team in defining the future shape and changes for the workforce including: outsourcing, insourcing, internal development resources, external development resources/external partners and contingency workforce management.