Director, Marketing + Creative Strategy, American Football
12 days ago
Marcom Strategy & Creative at EA SPORTS is the team responsible for defining the strategies that underpin our creative campaigns and consumer-facing brand behaviors. This global group of strategists, creatives, technologists, and producers define the steel threads that guide campaigns and consumer-facing content across our franchises. This involves strategic engagement from inception to execution, including franchise & brand identity, strategic narratives, content planning, creative platforms and creative direction for our assets and activations. We use both left brain and right brain thinking to boldly chase the next insight to progress marketing in our industry and beyond.
As a Director of Marcom Strategy, you will report to the Sr Director of Marcom Strategy & Creative, and partner with Marcom Creative, Brand, Studio, and other partner teams, across Madden and College Football.
- Develop the annual creative strategy that underpins the campaign and defines all content – including foundational strategies and creative platform (lens), ensuring consistency across all CFX teams/channels in service of cohesive campaigns.
- Partner with Brand Management to bring the long-term franchise strategy for American Football to life across the game, communications, content, and channels.
- Partner with the Brand Marketing and partner teams to ensure quality and integrated execution of the creative strategy.
- Interpret data and insights from a variety of sources – Marcom Intelligence, Analytics, Consumer Insights, layering in cultural context and sport trends to form bridges between our brand experience and players.
- Champion and present creative content and strategies to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with partner teams to develop audience personas (muse), tone and narrative for our campaigns.
- Work with Brand Marketing and Marcom Intelligence to determine the Goals that measure the performance of content, campaign activities, and franchise health.
- Write beat briefs to inspire content development across teams and channels for major campaign moments.
- Define strategies that help to articulate content ecosystems, consumer journeys, and connections plans that help teams execute across partnerships, transmedia entertainment, game reveal/launches and live service content.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 7+ years in a strategy or planning role within a creative agency or sports/entertainment brand.
- Have a deep interest in American football and love for the culture surrounding sport.
- Work with teams in Eastern time zone. Some regular travel may be needed for team collaboration moments.
- A leader: Inspiring and influential voice with experience selling in creative experiences to different audiences
- A storyteller: an understanding of cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content.
- A creator: you create strategy that inspires fresh activations and content across a variety of media.
- You understand the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behavior in open/closed networks, and can visualize the consumer journey across integrated marketing channels.
- Insights: an ability to interpret quant and qual data and distill the insights that best unlock creative marketing platforms.