Director, Marketing Analytics
20 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Who We Are Looking For
As our games get bigger and more sophisticated, we are growing our advanced analytics and data sciences team. We're looking for someone with solid experience managing a data sciences team and experience translating the value of complex data projects in an impactful way to partners, including senior management. This is an exciting opportunity for a data leader to guide the direction of the nascent data sciences team within the marketing function. This senior position will identify and deliver the most impactful and complex data-driven support opportunities for our global marketing initiatives. The leader of this team will also collaborate with our Data Engineering, Demand Generation, and research and insights teams to help translate business questions into analytical problems that can be solved by pragmatically applying the full Data Science toolkit, from simple statistical methods all the way to advanced modeling and machine learning, where applicable.
What You Will Do
- Direct resources to achieve both strategic marketing goals and tactical analytic goals in an efficient and impactful manner
- Build and manage relationships with cross-functional partners such as Marketing, MarTech, and Data Engineering to collect, coordinate and analyse historical data related to offline and online marketing campaigns
- Critical to the role is a strong understanding of return on investment generation, scalable behavioral model development, and story-telling in order to influence the implementation of analytic solutions and MUST be able to identify and prioritize analytic initiatives
- Develop statistical models to understand the relationship between different campaign factors and attributes. Working alongside sales and support marketing teams, planning campaigns and setting the media mix
- Strong ability to generate and present ideas while overcoming pushback to find and create support across departments and organizational hierarchies
- Perform channel and region-specific deep dives where vital
- Present findings taken from data analysis both in person and in presentation form for remote groups
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches while keeping the team accountable and impactful
- In addition, you will need to grow and mentor managers and data scientists
Your Skills & Experiences
- 8+ years demonstrated ability in data mining & analytics with very large, sophisticated and multi-dimensional data sets
- 6+ years of experience growing and developing a team of analysts and data scientists.
- Experience working with paid and unpaid marketing channels, multi-channel attribution and media mix models
- In-depth experience with sophisticated database mining tools, such as Tableau, R and with extensive SQL skills.
- Experience with project management and communication tools such as Asana, Confluence, JIRA, and Slack
- Superior collaborator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both within the team and with xfn partners
- Independent thinking that can take the initiative and approaches problem solving with an innovative mindset and focus on scalable solutions
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences – Master’s Degree a plus.
- Comfortable working ~10:00 to ~19:00 enabling greater connection with our US partners and stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thinking through multiple perspectives with the ability to stay grounded in the face of change
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews, and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.