Montreal QC ca
3 days ago
In this role, you will have the responsibility to define and execute the long-term insights’ strategy of a studio with substantial data sets (we receive close to 1 billion events in our data stream daily on Dead by Daylight only).
You will lead and mentor our talented teams (18 members) focusing on user research, data analytics, data science and data development so they can deliver the best data-driven insights and recommendations. You will also partner with the production, publishing, product management, marketing, finance and live ops teams on a regular basis.
What will you do?
- Create a clear vision to inspire your team and to get your partners onboard
- Develop plans and objectives for the team that align with the studio’s objectives
- Manage and coordinate four team leads - data analytics, data science, data development and user research (surveys and playtests) - helping them develop their analytical and leadership skills
- Support key stakeholders in the production, publishing, product management and marketing and live ops teams with quality insights to make key product strategy decisions
- Find new opportunities in data to change the player experience and improve our products
- Elevate the quality of actionable insights across the team
- Cultivate a data-informed culture and deliver meaningful insights that drive product roadmaps and optimize business strategies
- 10+ years of experience of overall experience in data science, data engineering and consumer research
- Experience in the video game industry is required
- Experience building, leading and managing high performance teams and providing them with an inclusive team culture
- Proven ability to coach talent to develop their analytical and leadership skillset
- Solid experience partnering with production or product teams to define and execute on strategic roadmaps
- Experience with SQL, Python and R: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Familiarity with a data visualization software package, e.g., Tableau
- Familiarity with qualitative data techniques (surveys, focus groups, market research, online-content analysis, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing
- Experience with building data pipelines and ETL design
- Previous experience building statistical models and running experiments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
With tens of Terabytes of data on a game like Dead by Daylight, we are driven by all the insights that our data can provide. There are vast uncharted territories in the data field – especially in the gaming industry – and we aim at exploring them as much as we can while solving strategic business problems.