Director, Inside Sales (Remote - United States)
12 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We’re looking for an individual with sales in their DNA and a proven track record of building and scaling Inside Sales processes and teams. You’ll lead a team that will work closely with our field sales and marketing teams to convert/create inbound leads and strategies to support School Solution's goals. You’ll help us strategize new territories and markets to target and will work to build a pipeline of leads that will convert into sales. As the first person in this role, you’ll have to balance a strategic approach while also not being afraid to roll up your sleeves and help scale into the growth that's at our fingertips. Most importantly, you share in Age of Learning's mission.
- Providing strategic guidance while focusing on quantitative results
- This position will include a territory in addition to managing the Inside Sales team and responsibility for the overall assigned quota
- Hiring and training a high-performing inside sales team
- Set a vision and clear expectations for the team
- Ensuring quotas are consistently achieved by directing the sales process and experimenting with strategies to improve results
- Providing tools and benchmarks by which the sales team can measure and improve their performance
- Generating more opportunities for our pipeline and improving our growth rate
- Keeping company leadership apprised of market activity and trends, including new technology that could empower the sales team
- Growing new team members and ensuring a high level of acumen for our product and features by training at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales, education, marketing, business management, or related field
- 6+ years of experience managing high performing inside sales teams
- An entrepreneur at heart. You enjoy the challenge of expanding new territory and executing a land-and-expand strategy.
- Passionate about sales and technology.
- Know how to build a world-class sales team that is entrepreneurial and data-driven
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face-to-face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Experience in Ed-tech environments and selling to PreK-12 school districts
- 20% Travel required across the United States for conferences, events, and possible customer or internal meetings
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.