Director, ISV Partnerships
Sunnyvale, CA; Plantation, FL; Austin, TX
24 days ago
As Director of ISV's and Partnerships you will identify, curate, and cultivate key ISV relationships that support Magic Leap’s third-party enterprise solutions ecosystem. This includes initial outreach, onboarding, and management of 1:1 relationships with third-party ISV developer partners. You will handle multiple partnerships and manage projects across a variety of product verticals to serve enterprise customers and use cases across healthcare, defense, productivity, automotive and industrial applications. You must have a strong passion for XR and an innate ability to recognize standout developers who possess the skill and fortitude to create exemplary spatial computing experiences for Magic Leap’s platform.
- Establish, cultivate, and manage long term, mutually beneficial partnerships with enterprise-focused ISVs. Guide and support their efforts to bring exemplary solutions to Magic Leap’s customers.
- Manage ISV partnership pipeline from initial outreach through development/publication, go-to-market and co-selling activities, including structuring and negotiation of revenue sharing and sales enablement.
- Build deep knowledge of the company's technology/products/services so as to articulate how they enable enterprise developers and customer-centric use cases.
- Relentlessly advocate for developers’ needs internally within the company to improve Magic Leap’s overall developer platform, products, and services.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts in technology and product design to guide and support partners’ development efforts.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders in Business Development, Sales, Developer Relations, and Marketing to identify, prioritize, and engage with 3rd party developers, including solutions developers and middleware/technology providers.
- Identify new opportunities for strategic developer partnerships and aid in due diligence to determine near, mid, far-term potential for Magic Leap’s enterprise customers.
- Responsible for P&L, project oversight, and risk management of full product life-cycle for any third-party solutions funded directly by Magic Leap.
- Grow and maintain a network of developer contacts in the growing spatial computing industry.
- 7+ years in related field(s) (technology, VR/AR, enterprise solution development, and/or gaming/interactive entertainment) managing partnerships, business development, or product management.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across Hardware, Software, Developer Support, Product, Legal, Business Development, Sales & Marketing.
- Proven ability to recognize industry trends, develop an understanding of long-term implications, and deliver recommended strategies for new opportunities to expand Magic Leap’s third-party solutions ecosystem
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- Impeccable communication skills: the ability to develop strong rapport and credibility both externally with developer partners and internally across the organization, can resolve conflicts, and promote ideas persuasively and collaboratively.
- Comfort with and eagerness to tackle ambiguous problems
- Solid understanding of and experience with the VR/AR business landscape and use cases targeting enterprise customers.
- Strong technical acumen. Understanding of the VR/AR development process and ability to articulate challenges and source solutions for partner developers.
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support, and practice a collaborative style that goes beyond relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others.
- Ability to travel 35% (post-COVID)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.