Director, Human Resources
1 month ago
Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
The new Director, Human Resources will lead the Human Resources function of the company and report to the President, Gary Shenk to provide effective guidance on all company HR strategies and their implementation.
Core Values & Must Haves
- Passion – A real fan of music and innovation technology; someone who understands the potential for virtual entertainment and wants to be at the forefront of creating the next great entertainment brand.
- Energy -- A high-energy person who is hungry to be one of the top leaders of Wave at a unique moment in its growth history; someone eager to help take the company to the next level and beyond.
- Compassion – Someone who is extremely sensitive to challenges in the workplace that are both visible and unseen, who always has his/her “ear” to the grindstone, who listens to diverse perspectives in the organization to reach fair and objective conclusions.
- Inclusion - Someone who actively seeks diverse viewpoints, creating a culture where it's safe to dissent, with getting to the best decision/outcome being the only goal.
- Communication -- Ability to communicate directly and succinctly to a variety of audiences (internal & external) who come from a diverse set of disciplines and cultures.
- Collaboration - A team player who will be an exceptional partner with the CEO, Leadership Team and all other company managers.
- Can-Do – someone who always seeks solutions to overcome key business challenges.
- Ownership - someone who embraces full accountability.
- Beyond Reproach – someone who has a track record of conducting themselves ethically, and with the highest integrity in all matters.
- International experience, exposure, and interest is a plus as non-U.S. growth will be a key part of Wave’s strategy and operations going forward.
- Strategize with Wave leadership to identify organizational gaps, and transform the organization with top talent who can team together and execute the next phase of Wave’s aggressive growth plans.
- Work in conjunction with recruiting for all open company positions, including writing job descriptions and managing the candidate pipeline, to attract top marketplace talent across functional roles – with a major focus on Wave’s value of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Optimize and standardize Wave’s Compensation and Benefits programs across the organization.
- Develop and oversee an ongoing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative that reinforces DEI through culture development, and institutionalizes DEI across all company practices and processes.
- Serve as a daily resource for all employees to listen to constructive feedback and grievances, and troubleshoot conflicts among employees, and among employees and their managers, that limits top-level performance.
- Conduct and process regular Employee Pulse Checks to determine overall employee health, and identify emerging issues that could be growth-limiting.
- Develop, oversee and manage a comprehensive and transparent company-wide Performance Management Program that ties to overall business goals, rewards performers and aggressively manages underperformance.
- Create a culture framework for reinforcement of Wave Values on a daily basis, and foster a culture conducive to results, productivity and high job satisfaction.
- Establish a Learning and Development Program that supports Executive-level and employee development in a customized manner.
- Develop comprehensive HR policies to establish company-wide standards and practices.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Undergraduate Degree from a top University, MBA a plus.
- Broad HR knowledge and experience (Strategic HR, Change Management and Organizational Development, DEI, Compensation and Benefits, Recruiting, etc.) ideally in a media/entertainment business environment.
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience as an HR lead in a company in growth stage or facing aggressive expansion of organizational size, scope and maturity (or equivalent experience).
- Strong background in leading and implementing a regular Performance Management program.
- Significant experience developing and leading company-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Significant recruiting experience – both in-house, and with a network of specialized technology and creative recruiters.
- Developed understanding of Compensation and Benefits philosophy, strategy and implementation.
- Experience developing and leading a company-wide Learning and Development, and culture/values program.
- Significant experience and understanding of employment and labor law, and HR policy implementation to ensure compliance.