Director, Human Resources
15 days ago
Job Title:Director, Human Resources
Director, Human Resources
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale. Our culture embraces creativity, rewards excellence and encourages expression because every voice matters.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced and creative Assoc. Director, Human Resources to join our HR team in Irvine, CA. This role will be an HR business and thought partner to the Platform team and will actively participate in HR projects and initiatives across the enterprise. This position will report to the Vice President & People Officer, Platform & Technology.
The Platform organization is home to 350+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, our platform ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, facilitate and optimize the delivery of consistently excellent people-related strategy in the areas of organizational design, planning, on-boarding, employee communications, training, performance management, employee relations, benefits, compensation, compliance, and mentoring.
- Partner directly with our leadership team to influence organizational change and transformation.
- Translate business goals into integrated, actionable talent strategies and initiatives that help grow the business and deliver results.
- Establish and implement HR plans that effectively communicate and support the company’s core values, vision, and overall business objectives while paying attention to the impact on employees.
- A trusted business partner to coach and develop leaders on people practices that will create a highly engaged culture of high performance; deliver management coaching and training where needed to front-line managers and senior leaders.
- Build strong relationship and effectively partner with the HR Centers of Excellence (Compensation, Recruiting, Benefits, HR Operations, HRIS, Employee Relations) to help implement all HR initiatives and strategies. Provide guidance and input on workforce planning to support business strategy.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the broader cross-functional HR team to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning.
- Support and resolve complex and escalated employee relations issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Operate in a collaborative, positive and open manner— modeling key cultural drivers in your work, team interactions and relationships with partners and employees.
- Build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change.
- A cultural advocate: proposes / facilitates actions to support employee engagement.
- Work closely with management and team members globally to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure HR transactional needs are met for the teams you support.
- Demonstrated past success supporting technology teams and executives, preferably in a rapidly growing tech organization across multiple locations
- Experience identifying and building strategic cross-functional partnerships across all levels of the business to understand challenges
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant HR experience, with at least 5 years as a business partner supporting Senior Executive and/or C-level leaders
- Analytically driven with experience working with people metrics to guide decisions
- Demonstrated project management and change management skills
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into People initiatives.
- Shown success utilizing employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies
- High degree of business insight; results oriented with an ability to work independently
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate and influence with cross-functional team members
- A collaborative partner who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an ambitious mindset
- Self-starter, highly motivated and achievement oriented
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion
- Advanced degree (Masters, etc.) in related fields
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, gaming or technology company
- SPHR certification for California
- Experience in Workday, established competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven background in California employment law
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
** Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences