14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Engineering Human Resources Business Partner
SF Bay Area preferred (hybrid)
San Diego OR Aliso Viejo also considered
PlayStation is looking for a dynamic and innovative Director, HR Business Partner to join our team! The ideal candidate understands the value of strategic HR partnership and is passionate about delivering business impact. Working with Senior Executives in the Platform Experience Engineering Group– this role will focus on driving programs that ignite our talent, enrich our culture, and build leadership capability at all levels.
This person will sit on the Engineering leadership team as a coach and advisor, and work closely with management to co-own the delivery of people related initiatives, including leadership development and onboarding programs, organizational health, culture, org design and workforce planning, retention and selection of critical hires.
Reporting into the lead HRBP for Platform Experience Group, this person will work alongside highly collaborative Centers of Excellence teams.
- Partner and provide expert coaching and consulting advice to executive leaders to drive a high performing culture
- Design and apply change management and Organizational Development strategies that influences organizational change in support of business strategies
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities
- Drive rollout plans for company-wide HR initiatives with client groups
- Grow manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities
- Resolve complex employee relations issues, partnering with Employee Relations and legal.
- Analyze trends and metrics, and collaborate with HR functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations, and develop programs.
- High EQ with significant experience and comfort forging strong relationships and influencing all levels of the organization.
- You thrive in ambiguity and dynamic environments performing at your best when new information, projects, and decisions come at you fast. Working with velocity and flexibility is your preferred approach.
- You’re energetic and inspire others to action. Unafraid to reach out proactively and autonomously when something needs to get done.
- You measure success by the scale of the team’s impact and value creation, and figure out the right tools to get the job done with humility and without ego. You’re gritty and entrepreneurial because you’re personally invested in the outcomes of your work.
- 1+ years leadership experience with proven results within HR in a fast paced, high tech, entertainment or creative environment
- Demonstrated eye for business and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees
- High level of initiative and motivation to quickly resolve challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work at levels- strategic, operational, and tactical
- Natural curiosity and ability to use creativity to problem solve
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$167,800 — $251,600 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.