This job might no longer be available.
VP, Human Resources
Bellevue, WA, United States
7 months ago
WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a stellar VP, Human Resources to help take NCI Interactive and ArenaNet to the next level and build an incredibly high-performance culture. As a key member of the leadership team, you will be a true partner with our executive team and managers in providing consultative support and outstanding human capital programs that translate their tactical business plans into human resource strategic and operational plans. These partnerships will be focused on building and engaging a team of high performing employees who understand and are committed to and excited about the values, vision, and mission of NCI and ArenaNet.
As the VP, Human Resources we are depending on you to be responsible for building an outstanding Human Resource team, focused on ensuring the company has the right people with the necessary skills and capabilities to execute on the company’s strategic direction. You will also need to keep in mind our focus and desire to find the best and the brightest gaming talent who are innovative, curious, and fun.
So in a nutshell, you will need to lead the company’s organizational analysis and design, evaluate and own the recruiting process, create and launch a culturally aligned on-boarding process, refine and implement individual goal setting/performance measurement, career development and management tools, assess the state of position development and training culminating in succession planning, lead the compensation structure focused on pay for performance, manage and continually assess our benefits and their administration, and own employee relations focusing on increasing our employee engagement and productivity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist the studio and assigned HRBP’s to further refine their visions, missions and values and drive understanding into the organizations to support culture development.
- Support leadership in ensuring all employees understand their roles and are focused on supporting business objectives for the companies
- Build a collaborative partnership with Studio Heads and management in individual studios, as well as build relationships and drive communication across the executive management team.
- Partner and support the hiring managers in developing and implementing human capital practices and strategies that develop the relevant competencies and skills necessary for the company’s success.
- Manage recruiting and on-boarding programs focused on identifying, hiring, and retaining top talent.
- Work with and support the leadership team in developing company strategies, plans, and programs that focus on developing and motivating their amazing talent.
- Lead the human resource team in the translating company strategies and tactical objectives in to amazing human resource strategies and programs that focus on supporting each of the hiring managers and the company.
- Hire, plan, coordinate, and manage the administrative and office support functions of the company.
- Responsible for providing human resource input, direction, and leadership in talent acquisition, management, employee relations, employee training and development, employee succession planning, employee engagement, process improvement, and technology improvements.
- Evaluate and oversee the performance management and compensation tools and processes ensuring employees receive appropriate feedback, motivation, incentives and compensation to create and maintain engagement and in turn build a team excited to do what they do.
- Assist HRBP’s within the company to continually drive better performance management and metrics. In addition, continue to improve corrective action processes.
- Evaluate and recommend best practices for designing HR systems (ATS, HRIS, Payroll)
- Evaluate benefits programs and make recommendations to senior management for continual improvements to assist in attracting and retaining top talent.
- Working with legal counsel to ensure legal compliance affecting Human Resources function within North America and the UK (e.g., OSHA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, Wage & Hour, Unemployment, OFCCP), as well as other related government regulations. Identifies issues and monitors compliance and acts as primary contact.
- Development, communication and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures ensuring that we are in full compliance with applicable laws, standards and government regulations.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 15 plus years of HR experience, with at least 5 years at the senior management level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management with an MBA or MS in Organizational Development preferred, as well as SPHR credentials.
- Experience with acquisitions and cultural integration is a must.
- International / Global experience is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and to develop long-term human resource initiatives focused on people and the business.
- Experience with the design, creation, and implementation of a pay for performance compensation program, performance management programs, and succession planning programs.
- Knowledge of international employment law, as well as, North American federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in implementing and managing employee benefit programs such as health, disability, life, retirement, etc.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing and building a HR function in a fast-paced, complex, growing, high-tech organization.
- Experience in gaming is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Outlook, MS Office and internet.