Director, Graphics Engineering
10 days ago
Come join a team where you will be working with a phenomenal group of people who are driving the strategy of the Graphics Content organization. Do you enjoy engaging with partners, crafting team vision and working in a highly dynamic group? If you do, then this is the ideal role for you!
This crucial leadership role will coordinate all aspects of a multi-functional group of engineers who build key graphics components that open up a world of functionality for our end users. The Director will help drive partner alignment, team cohesion and process evolution.
An ideal candidate will bring both technical understanding of the domain and strong people and process management capabilities. The role provides an opportunity to work with a highly motivated team of skill engineers who are pushing forward the graphics capabilities of the Unity Editor and Engine.
What you’ll be doing
- Setting the strategic direction for the key graphics domains of Texturing, VFX, Lighting and Meshes
- Driving engineering alignment with partner teams of Product, Program Management and Design
- Supporting and empowering a team of Technical Leaders to amplify the work being done across the organization
- Partnering with peers in the organization to build and align on common practices
- Anchoring and supporting the team around a shared mission and direction
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of real-time rendering, graphics engineering and basic Texturing, VFX, Lighting and Mesh domain knowledge
- Proven understanding of software development principles and code architecture
- Applied experience with DCC tools and innovative graphics engines
- Previous experience applying collaborative leadership skills across multiple technical teams
- Ability to nurture alignment between team members and partners in a distributed work environment using agile processes
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.