Director, Global Logistics & Inventory
6 days ago
Director, Global Logistics & Inventory – Trading Card Game
The Director, Global Logistics & Inventory – Trading Card Game will be responsible for leading TPCi’s worldwide planning, logistics and inventory management activities in support of our B2B Trading Card Game (TCG) business. We are seeking a confident, compassionate, experienced and organized problem solver to lead a bright and motivated team in exceeding customer expectations and increasing company profitability. The right person will be collaborative and have excellent leadership skills.
What You Will Do
- Leadership and team development: Cultivate team capability and high morale through mentoring, coaching, training and making effective staffing decisions
- Vision and strategy: Using your own experience and knowledge of emerging solutions and industry trends, guide the ongoing evolution of the function to keep pace with our growing business
- Process improvement: Continuously evaluate and improve processes to ensure efficient operations and adherence to company priorities
- Systems: Support the selection, implementation and adoption of new systems to improve team productivity and ability to scale
- Planning: Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure supply and logistics plans support TCG production and sales targets
- Innovation: Generate original ideas to remove operational obstacles and increase team efficiency
- Accountability: Oversee operating budgets, monitor team performance, ensure KPIs are met and provide timely reporting to internal clients including executive team
- Compliance: Foster an environment of regulatory compliance and ensure employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Vendor management: Manage multiple external vendors to meet and exceed SLAs and KPIs
What You Will Bring
- 12 years of logistics or supply chain experience, including leading global supply chain function of a $500M+ revenue/year business or business unit, preferably in consumer goods; must have deep working knowledge of planning (supply and logistics), order management, warehousing/fulfillment, transportation including international shipping, and inventory management
- 5 years of management experience, including leading large teams, hiring, coaching and developing internal talent
- Strong influencing skills, ability to deliver vision, strategy and tactics to elevate our people, processes and systems to a similar level
- BS/BA degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, or related field required or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA) or industry certification (e.g. APICS) preferred
- Comfortable with significant functions being outsourced (e.g. warehousing, fulfillment, transportation)
- General understanding of import/export risks and requirements
- Solid grasp of basic finance and accounting concepts; strong analytical and quantitative skills, including P&L budgeting
- Knowledge of business principles from multiple disciplines and ability to apply these principles in driving change/outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Experienced with and comfortable participating as business sponsor/core team member in new software development, enhancement/upgrade, integration projects
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with an ability to translate technical information for a non-technical audience.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organization, as well as externally with 3 rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage with others in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value; you ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.