This job might no longer be available.
Director, Creator Services
San Mateo, CA, United States
8 months ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As the Director of Creator Services on the Developer Relations team you’ll be joining a rapidly growing organization which enables the success of global developers on our worldwide platform. You will oversee a talented team of Engineers and Program Managers tasked with designing systems and supporting Developer Initiatives. You will implement new processes and procedures to increase cross organization collaboration, productivity and scalability.
- A Leader , with 8+ years of professional experience of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver successful programs
- An excellent communicator , with fantastic listening, verbal, and written communication skills and able to relay priorities and information from the highest levels of Roblox to your team.
- Understand and express strategies , priorities, trade-offs, and tasks at the strategic level.
- Globally Prepared , experience launching products globally and have a unique perspective on what is needed to make programs successful worldwide
- Entrepreneurial , having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the program life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- Organized , understanding that the best way to build something great is to coordinate the work of many people.
- Team Oriented , you have a magnetic personality that invigorates the team around you and allows you to cultivate strong relationships with cross-functional organizations
- Inspire others , passionate about developer success and being a role model to your team
- Craft and drive the overarching business strategy of the Creator Services team
- Balance the needs of internal stakeholders, business objectives, developers, and Roblox players with the long-term vision of Roblox.
- Present and debate nuanced and difficult decisions with our highly engaged and visionary management
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the organization’s mission and “voice”
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination