Director, Global Business Management
San Mateo, CA, United States
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Global Business Management
San Mateo, CA
Global Third-Party Relations (GTPR) exists to support the needs of Sony Interactive Entertainment and our Third- Party Publishers and Developers. Diverse, innovative and engaging video-game content is the lifeblood of our platform and ensuring that this content reaches the consumer whilst leveraging the capabilities and opportunities of our platform, is pivotal to what we do. Global Third-Party Relations represents the interests of some of the world’s leading publishers and developers on PlayStation.
The Director, Global Business Management will work closely with the VP, Global TPR in a ‘Chief of Staff’ role to devise and then ensure execution of the Global TPR strategies across the business. This person will work closely with the other Global Heads within Global TPR to ensure optimal delivery of our plans, facilitating effective and efficient communication across the teams, help build team culture, work on special projects, whilst also working with other internal Global Divisions to understand their needs and support their goals and objectives.
As part of the Global Publisher and Developer Relations teams, reporting directly into the VP, Global Third-Party Relations:
- Act as the ‘Chief of Staff’ for the VP, Global Third-Party Relations
- Be the primary point of contact for the business next to the VP, Global Third-Party Relations, having complete oversight of all key GTPR strategies and initiatives
- Support the VP, Global TPR to set goals and objectives for the teams
- Establish strong communication networks within the business
- Project manage key strategic projects that make a difference to the business
- Foster and facilitate cross divisional cohesion and help establish a strong and supportive team culture.
- Degree or Masters’ Degree (MBA) or similar preferred in Business, Marketing and/or Project Management or equivalent
- 8+ years operating at a senior business level with some commercial experience within the entertainment, global electronics, technology/platform-based business.
- Generalist knowledge of the commercial, sales and marketing business.
- Strong project management and cross divisional collaboration experience.
- An experienced communicator who is able to build consensus.
- Experience of working in an International business environment.
- Knowledge and a passion for video-games preferred
- International or global experience preferred.
- Previous Experience of working for a Games or Other Entertainment Platform or service or 3 rd party video-games Publisher/Developer preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.