Director - Gameplay (R6 Siege)
Montreal QC ca
7 days ago
Ubisoft Montréal is looking for you, Gameplay Directors.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
On being a Gameplay Director at Ubi Montréal
As a Gameplay Director, you are responsible for the production and quality of the gameplay.
The daily life of a Gameplay Director at Ubi Montréal
- Work in close collaboration with the creative/narrative director and project to develop concepts;
- Ensure that the message is clear and the narrative is in line with the vision for the title;
- Structure and organize the content so that it contributes to project, player and spectator satisfaction;
- Suggest various ways of communicating a visual message based on project objectives;
- Validate project deliverables and lead content and brainstorming meetings;
- Provide feedback and support and work with production teams to meet quality objectives by the deadlines;
- Communicate the content objectives to the graphic design team with the art direction’s approval;
- Play an active role in producing game trailers, if applicable;
- Oversee the production of the signs and feedback of a gameplay feature;
- Develop and structure pre-visualisation documents of gameplay elements in collaboration with directors;
- Work with game designers to ensure that the definition of the form is in line with the functions;
- Understand production/feasibility constraints;
- Carry out all related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- College diploma in a creative field;
- Bachelor’s degree an asset;
- 7 years’ relevant experience (video games, TV broadcasting or film);
- Strong technical skills and extensive cinematographic culture;
- Understanding of the cinematographic craft;
- Artistic qualities and multimedia art skills;
- Solid understanding of video games and extensive video game culture;
- Influence and positive leadership;
- Strong creative sense;
- Open-mindedness and consensus-building skills;
- Solid communication skills;
- Excellent customer vision.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.