Director, Experience Design - SKATE
5 days ago
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Experience Design Director
Full Circle is looking for a Experience Design Director to join the Skate Team. You will report to our Head of Experience Design for Studios.
- Build relationships with a cross disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet player and business goals.
- You will Connect an understanding of players to the product to develop a holistic view, create design strategy and identify areas for impact on the player experience.
- You will partner with senior stakeholders to set design priorities and work with designers to find balanced solutions that meet product goals.
- Drive UX and UI guidelines, user centered design principles and methodologies
- Help determine KPI's and measuring performance data and effectiveness of design solutions.
- Partner with research and identifies research studies that spans across the entire product.
- Contribute to design efforts on both a strategic and tactical level
- Build an Experience design team and foster a high functioning positive design culture
- Mentoring experience designers
- You have +5 years leading design teams
- 5+ years advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, design thinking, and strong knowledge of UX principles and methodologies.
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release
- Efficient at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- Ability to work and teach across multiple product teams, moving effortlessly between smallest details and highest level strategy.
- Passion for games