Director, Software Engineering, Live & Digital
15 days ago
Unity powers over half of all the world’s games and over two thirds of the world’s VR and AR products. We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we do that by putting the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists. We are hard at work building “user first” digital and web products and experiences that are seamless, contextual, intuitive and drive key business metrics, including acquisition, conversion, retention, and engagement. The goal is to return time to the creative process for all our customers.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to play a leading role in our development team and guide taking our technology and products to the next level of functionality, design and scalability. As a strategic and tactical leader, this individual impacts multiple, technically complex, mission-critical, and high-profile initiatives simultaneously and must possess executive leadership in combination with an extensive deep technical understanding of Web technologies, user experiences (including analytics, privacy, localization & accessibility), cloud architecture, and integration design.
- Manage an organization of small autonomous software teams instilling excellent development practices and great execution with on-time delivery of commitments
- Work closely with Product Management, Business Insights & Commercialization to understand staffing needs and business priorities
- Create an environment of accountability at all engineering levels with clear goals and measured outcomes
- Working collaboratively across teams, define the system architecture and help create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Collaborate with the broader Unity technology leadership community to provide input into strategies and standards, ensure solution reuse, leverage and to eliminate solution redundancy
- Managing and growing teams larger than 20 engineers
- Experience with microservice & API based architectures
- Experience with web frameworks such as React & Angular
- Experience with modern development & production methodologies, including CI/CD
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- You are collaborative, but decisive
- You are a natural leader and a great team player
- You are comfortable and effective working with globally distributed teams
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.