Director, Employment Law
15 days ago
Job Title:Director, Employment Law
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
We’re looking for a Director to join Activision Blizzard! Working with our Employment Legal team for the U.S. and Canada and reporting to the VP, Employment Law, you’ll provide client-service focused strategic advice and legal counsel to core People clients regarding general employment, compensation, and benefits issues. Working from our Santa Monica, CA headquarters or remotely, you will partner closely with colleagues in legal and other cross-functional departments to:
- Draft and revise employment-related agreements (including executive employment agreements, offer letters, confidentiality, separation agreements, etc.).
- Provide counseling, advice and day-to-day support for Benefits and Compensation teams in the United States and Canada (including accommodations and leaves of absence, COVID vaccine requirements and return to office advising, payroll, wage and hour, FLSA classifications, bonus plans, equity, etc.).
- Develop, update, and implement related employment policies to ensure standard processes and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, to provide strategic, business-oriented employment law guidance for successful execution of company initiatives.
- J.D. from a nationally recognized law school
- Membership in at least one state bar (CA preferred)
- At least 7 years of experience practicing employment law, preferably in both private practice and as part of an in house legal team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Analytical skills with demonstrated strategic thinking and risk analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Great business judgment with a commitment to teamwork, integrity and collegiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to approach legal challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.