Director, Editorial Communications
6 days ago
The Director, Editorial Communications oversees all marketing content initiatives, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates with the departments of public relations, communications, web production, marketing, customer service, community, IT and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As Director, Editorial Communications you will be responsible for leading, developing and managing a team of seven, currently producing content in three separate verticals:
- Editorial - Oversee written content for owned channels and partner channels making sure the quality content is accurate, compelling and delivered on time. Working closely with Product Communications, develop an editorial calendar to ensure all announcements are covered in addition to feature stories that dive deeper into the stories behind our portfolio.
- Video Production - Manage the video production team with a focus on quality, strategy, and messaging. Work with all of Ubisoft's various brands to deliver compelling video content with an emphasis on gameplay and new content.
- Livestreaming - Ensure that the livestreaming team continues to deliver high quality weekly streams in addition to the creation and implementation of special event livestreams as needed.
- Ultimately, the job of the ECD is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Acting as Editor-in-Chief while ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and print
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must
- Working with internal partners and teams to align on strategy, distribution, visibility, and best practices for all content producers across Ubisoft
- The development of a functional content calendar, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular groups
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists and video production; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or work with those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
- Ensuring a consistent global experience and implementing appropriate localization/translation strategies
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A proven and respected leader with senior-level experience in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.). International experience a plus
The Director, Editorial Communications requires a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “player first”. In essence, the Director, Editorial Communications is the storyteller that must be empathetic toward the pain points of the player with a firm understanding of what matters to them. Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical that the Director, Editorial Communications retain an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist)
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within our own blog and social media outreach
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns. Ability to work in a 24 hour project cycle-utilizing teams or contractors in other countries
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data)
- Basic technical understanding of web design and function
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
- Hybrid office/ remote work opportunity
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Ubisoft code of conduct: Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.