This job might no longer be available.
Director, Diversity & Inclusion
9 days ago
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, a new technology that seamlessly blends physical and digital gameplay. In 2020, Ubisoft Toronto led the development of the newest game in the Watch Dogs franchise – Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto received praise for the tech and design work, including the play as anyone system, which allows the player to explore a rich and detailed rendition of future London. Now, in 2021, Ubisoft Toronto is on verge of shipping Far Cry 6, the most ambitious Far Cry game to date, featuring the brilliant talent of Giancarlo Esposito. We’re also kicking off new projects and we can’t wait to share more details once we’re ready.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where teams embrace innovative ideas and share knowledge with a genuine collaborative spirit.
On being a Director, Diversity & Inclusion at Ubisoft Toronto
This is an opportunity to be a foundational team member within the new Diversity & Inclusion team. We are hiring a Director, D&I who will lead and implement Ubisoft’s D&I strategy and projects for our studios and offices across the United States, Toronto, Winnipeg, Halifax and Latin America.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of a Director, Diversity & Inclusion at Ubisoft Toronto
- Participate in the design, execution & measurement of Ubisoft’s Global D&I strategy;
- Influence sustainable change through education, awareness, and action that enhances our company culture;
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Managing Directors of the studios/offices in the region;
- Cultivate a collaborative and constructive partnership between Corporate HQ and your region to share learnings and opportunities;
- Partner with local HR and talent teams;
- Be the contact person for Employee Resource Groups leaders and teams within the region;
- Be a spokesperson for D&I, internally and externally;
- Establish metrics to measure success and provide regular reports on the impact of D&I initiatives to keep everyone up to date on our efforts;
- Promote and drive adoption of inclusive practices, establish key initiatives, and communicate insights & recommendations to Leadership;
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for the employee experience and diversity action plan across the business.
What it takes to make it
- You have strong communication skills and know-how to influence stakeholders;
- You have experience in building D&I strategies and education programs;
- You are a problem solver with an analytical mindset;
- You know how to lead cross-functional teams and inspire them;
- You have experience in global change management;
- You have experience in facilitating in-person and virtual training sessions;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in developing and delivering presentations to senior management;
- You are comfortable with navigating complex organizational structures and dealing with ambiguity.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation Assistance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and offer various health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life. Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.