Director, Development Services Technologies
20 days ago
Team Name:Service Technologies
Job Title:Director, Development Services Technologies
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
We are looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding technical chops and stellar communication skills to lead a team of highly skilled, global developers in our Development Service Technologies team. Our Service Technologies team operates as a critical part of our Global Customer Service and Localization Operations team, connects with our Battle.net Platform, each of our games and all our players. Our customers span the globe and this role requires a technical leader who knows how to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into unique engineering challenges that we face daily.
As the Director of Development Service Technology, you will hold the vision for the technical future of the company’s Customer Service CRM systems, Localization technology, and other critical technology, and ensure that projects are aligned to that vision. Using your experience and skill you will grow and develop the future technical leaders of the company. In partnership with the Head of Development Services, Head of Global Customer Service Operations, and Head of Localization, you will have end-to-end responsibility and accountability for the engineering output of the group.
In this highly visible role, you are equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executive leadership as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in a development meeting. You will ensure that we have a controlled cadence to execute on and drive a well-oiled machine that defines our quality and measure ourselves against those standards to create a great environment for our world class developers.
- Direct our service technology platform by successfully partnering with other functional teams such as, game teams, finance, marketing, licensing, international, quality assurance, and customer service to deliver an epic gaming experience.
- Lead the continued focus on Customer Service Systems excellence including our Support Portal, Automation, Self-Service, Machine Learning, and User Experience.
- Lead the continued improvement and evolution of our Localization Technology.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership, and internal support organizations.
- Create, and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
- Lead and support our efforts on improving our players online community health through technology that minimizes player disruption.
- Work with international regions to ensure relevant teams have an understanding of market conditions, challenges, player behaviors, and rollout strategies.
- Lead forecasting, budgeting, and business design.
- Coach and guide the rest of the development leaders toward achieving their career goals.
- Lead studio level strategy and provide an active voice in resolving global issues.
- Ensure that our software is being developed at the highest quality meeting platform tenets.
- Architecting, developing and operating a large scale server infrastructure.
- 15+ years of software design and management experience.
- Experience managing technical managers.
- Experience with CRM systems, particularly the Customer Service functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with distributed server infrastructures and network protocols.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to talent selection, performance management, talent planning and development and recognition.
- Proven record of developing solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes.
- Must be professionally agile and very comfortable partnering up, down and across a complex business.
- An eagerness to embody the core principles of the brand.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to interact with all stakeholders and lead by example.
- The ability to succeed in a sometimes chaotic, undefined environment.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!